LegacyGT.com

Audi S5

Someone I spoke to said that a close-by Audi dealership said they wouldn't even consider leasing out an A5. The lease rates are pretty bad on these cars a) because they're new and Audi has to play it safe and b) they are cutting overall leases given out by something like 20-25% this year due to credit being tight. And also there aren't that many A5's just sitting in inventory waiting to be leased.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the midlevel 2010 2.0t a5 is the same price as a 2010 G35x. msrp about $39k. youre experience wont be the same as everyone else, especially in a different state. but hey, we're lookin at cars around november, so we'll see whats goin on then :)

and i understand that my experience wont be the same... but this was a no pressure dealer, where i get my audi serviced all the time, she had nothing to hide. while there may be additional incentives in different states, you would think that the leasing incentive would at least be at a place like socal, where competition for business is pretty much cut throat

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Someone I spoke to said that a close-by Audi dealership said they wouldn't even consider leasing out an A5. The lease rates are pretty bad on these cars a) because they're new and Audi has to play it safe and b) they are cutting overall leases given out by something like 20-25% this year due to credit being tight. And also there aren't that many A5's just sitting in inventory waiting to be leased.

yup... they are trying to stay a niche luxury brand, and them giving an audi to everybody will turn them into bmw :eek::lol::spin:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

and i understand that my experience wont be the same... but this was a no pressure dealer, where i get my audi serviced all the time, she had nothing to hide. while there may be additional incentives in different states, you would think that the leasing incentive would at least be at a place like socal, where competition for business is pretty much cut throat

fa sho

yup... they are trying to stay a niche luxury brand, and them giving an audi to everybody will turn them into bmw :eek::lol::spin:

:lol: ... hmmm, maybe 335ix like in that other thread? haha

well i jsut watched the Audi commercial about their deisel and they seem to be pushing for everyone to buy and drive their diesel powered cars to save oil. doesnt sound like they trying to be exclusive

and the a5 doesnt come in a diesel ... :spin:

Again I remember BMW having problems when they released the at the time new 7 series that were plagued by problems. Yes my first hand, ground level knowledge may be annecdotal as is the knowledge of my MB and BMW tech friends, but who do you think see the most problems?

The 2002 and 2003 model year 7 Series car was so bad that the CSI surveys for our service dept, and service dept's nationwide had a special exclusion for those model years. No matter how bad the survey, it didn't count against the overall CSI score.:lol:

BMW just gave up on making those owners happy with the car. They would just lemmon them out and put them in something else.

:iam:

The 2002 and 2003 model year 7 Series car was so bad that the CSI surveys for our service dept, and service dept's nationwide had a special exclusion for those model years. No matter how bad the survey, it didn't count against the overall CSI score.:lol:

BMW just gave up on making those owners happy with the car. They would just lemmon them out and put them in something else.

You mean BMW had problems with a car let alone electrical ones? :iam:

They did :eek: and when someone goes on a car forum and asks about buying a BMW some people point this fact out and others argue that now the cars are just fine and as good as Audis :lol:

The words, "just as good as an Audi" sends shivers down my spine:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

They did :eek: and when someone goes on a car forum and asks about buying a BMW some people point this fact out and others argue that now the cars are just fine and as good as Audis :lol:

Besides the fact that you have a BMW in your avatar, didn't you also suggest to the op to get a 135 or 335? So maybe that is were it all started.

I did not but I enjoy that fact that your keep "remembering" things that I said that I never said. I think I might start doing this to people - it seems like a lot of fun :lol:

I don't believe the BMW in my avatar is any sort of endorsement of BMW's - after all I discarded the BMW drive train in favor of something different.

BTW, Audis are super-reliable, everybody knows that :lol:

I did not but I enjoy that fact that your keep "remembering" things that I said that I never said. I think I might start doing this to people - it seems like a lot of fun :lol:

I don't believe the BMW in my avatar is any sort of endorsement of BMW's - after all I discarded the BMW drive train in favor of something different.

BTW, Audis are super-reliable, everybody knows that :lol:

On the first page of this thread there is multiple times BMW is mention. Admittedly none of them were by you. However your first response was that Audi's look great in the shop and how I know nothing about their reliability as compared to everyone's and your's experience with them. Then it goes on for pages of back and forth in which all I was stating is they are as reliable as any other euro make using BMW as an example because everyone knows every BMW is personally touched by God.

Your memory seems to be a little shaky and you seem to enjoy making up things that people say. I never said that you didn't know nothing about reliability. What I said is that Audi owners know about Audi reliability which you disputed, which soulds like what you would hear from a dealer :lol:

I see an S5 almost every day - they look great as all Audis do when they are not in the shop.

Rob

Your first post stating Audi always break down

You seem to suggest that Audi's do not experience mechanical problems, which everyone's experience proves is not true.

Rob

Essentially saying my 10 years of being a tech experience is less then everyone elses. No were have I stated that they didn't have problems. I just pointed out that they as many as any other euro marks cars.

Let me guess, the post 2005 Audis are paragons of reliability :lol: Sorry, but I have a friend how has had several post 2005 Audis which he finally got rid of since they were always in the shop.

They are still the best car eVaR, but I will not buy one again.

Rob

No examples of "problems" that your "friends" had tons of.

stated that I had a freind that had "several" that were unreliable, try to pay attention :lol:

So you believe everything that you read? You can't imagine that any automotive publication has any possible bias against slamming a car or maker? Then you call me uneducated? I want to get educated like you are :)

I can play this game (and I can also use the internet :eek: ) - here are the JD Power 2009 Dependability ratings - NOTE THIS IS FOR THE 2009 MODEL YEAR (I hope this is current enough for you) ;)

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...tings-by-brand

Let's see Audi has WORSE overall dependability than the following makes:

Acura

Buick

Cadillac

Honda

Infiniti

Jaguar :eek:

Lexus

Lincoln

Mercury

Porsche

Toyota

You can apologize in any form that you like :)__________________

Rob

So you are debunking the other persons post by saying that magazines are inaccurate and can be bias, by saying another magazine shows that Audi isn't within a certain list they made? Oh and I don't see BMW or MB on that list either.

Archived