LegacyGT.com

Audi S5

basically.

You stated that friend had one that was unreliable.

How about this: YOU post something that proves YOUR point that they are unreliable.

Lets see if you can do that.... baby steps

You like search soo much do you? Put in audi problems in google, page after page after page of problems and people getting pissed.

There is even a website called audi-sucks.com go to that forum and talk to those guys

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
put in any other car manufacturer

I did and i didnt find any websites devoted to how bad they suck like there are for audis. I know all cars have problems and most have been reported online so your gonna get some negative feedback from any car brand. But your a fool to think audi ever was reliable. I cant speak too much for the 05 and ups as i only know a handful of people who own them but even most of them have had problems already.

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.toyota-sucks.com.

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.subaru-sucks.com.

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.bmw-sucks.com.

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.jeep-sucks.com.

Between this thread and the Religion thread, I can't stop laughing... then shaking my head... then laughing...

http://smiliesftw.com/x/smh.gif:lol:http://smiliesftw.com/x/smh.gif:lol:http://smiliesftw.com/x/smh.gif:lol:http://smiliesftw.com/x/smh.gif:lol:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

look everything has its problems weither its a honda or a benz. the main thing you should look into is just basic up keep. obviously going with a german performance car is going to be more expensive than a subaru or honda (oil changes, tune ups, ect.) and if your looking to mod the car, the same applies. the more expensive a car, the more itll cost to unkeep it. as far as other vehicles to look at that have high power but are small and nimble, ive heard good things aboput the fusion awd v6. maybe a chevy camaro (which has a far better warranty than audis or bmw). or maybe even look into infiniti. and just my 2 cents on audi, they are way over priced, hell a base a4 starts at 30k and ive driven them and they are slow as hell and have that fakle awd. if you want a fast audi or fast bmw, youre looking at far to much money IMO. but hell if ur leasing it than try it out but leasing a vehicle is even more expensive than owning it

this is why i love subies, for under 30k, you get a fairly fast, reliable, awd car, with moderate luxary. i too hate fwd and that limits my options.

Yeah, I really like the engine in the LGT, but the interior finish is underwhelming. My 2005 didn't have an option for nav, bluetooth, ipod hookup, steering wheel buttons, etc. The new LGT is not attractive to me.

So, I'm looking far up market into the "douche zone". I guess I'll have to accept that I'm going to look like a jackass and try the Lotus and Cayman S.

Yeah, I really like the engine in the LGT, but the interior finish is underwhelming. My 2005 didn't have an option for nav, bluetooth, ipod hookup, steering wheel buttons, etc. The new LGT is not attractive to me.

So, I'm looking far up market into the "douche zone". I guess I'll have to accept that I'm going to look like a jackass and try the Lotus and Cayman S.

You dislike the LGT interior and you want to look at a Lotus? Not the same type of car at all, and if you want posh, I'm afraid Lotus' current offerings will disappoint you. The Elise is a bit...spartan.

You dislike the LGT interior and you want to look at a Lotus? Not the same type of car at all, and if you want posh, I'm afraid Lotus' current offerings will disappoint you. The Elise is a bit...spartan.

Ahh yes, good point. So the Lotus is out.

so buy an a8 and youll be treated like a royal douche lol for that money they better do that, but subaru did the same for me when my car was in the shop. they even gave me the little popets for my engine cover when i asked for them because i lost mine

I have a rep that calls on me with a leased A3. Says it's the worst car he has ever owned and he owned a Fiat in the early 80's. Fortunately my A4 has been a good car (minus its appetite for catalytic convertors, which were warrantied.) knock on wood.

well actually, (now dont lynch me for referring to a magazine) in motortrend io belive it was, they tested the ctsv against the s4 ad m3. it had a higher price tag, the interior they felt was cheap, and it was slower, loud suspension, and didnt handle nearly as well. all in all they determined that it is a GM product....

I told myself I wouldn't get into it again buy;

To the OP the 2010 S4 is supercharged, not turbocharged. MTM has already developed a chip for it that pushes hp from 333hp to over 400hp without a pulley or exhaust change. If you were going to try to turbo a 4.2 FSi you'll be spending insane amounts of money to do it. As of last I heard there is a supercharger kit for the S5 V8, but it is around $10k uninstalled. Also you only get the first service free with an Audi unless you buy the maintenance package for something like $800. Only A8 and R8 customers are guaranteed a loaner for free, the rest is the discretion of the individual dealership.

Other cars to maybe check out:

07-08 RS4 you may still be able to find a new one, but you could get a CPOd one cheap and even buy a maintenance package for it to extend it over the 50k.

A new Taurus SHO. I know it's a Ford, but it is awd and a 365 twin turbo V6. I doubt it will be long before someone comes out with a chip and easily put it over 400hp. Downside other then being a Ford is I think it is auto only.

A Pontiac G8 GXP. 400+hp, you can get it in stick. Downside is if you live were it snows it is rwd only, they are supposedly only making the GXP version one year, and Pontiac is disappearing.

To RAO and 05GT Guru;

Apparently my 10+ years of working on Audi's, and 5 of those being master guild certified means absolutely nothing. Again no were do I say that Audi's are the best car ever nor do I say they are problem free. The problem is that on most forums like these the two biggest problems are the ignition coils circa 02-05 and 00-02 S4 turbos. B;amket statements such as they are always in the shop and always have electrical problems without any given example are always stated. IIRCDidn't one of you have a 00-02 S4 that you bought used (but was still under warranty) chipped have the trans or clutch fail at a track event and blame it on the car cause "you know how to drive stick?"

Also how is the Quattro system with a torsen center differential on almost all Audis (except the R8, A3, TT, and Q7) not a "real awd system?" It is full time awd, and in fact the newer S4s, S5s, S6s, and S8s have a 40/60 split to give the car a more rwd bias. The R8 uses a viscous coupler, the Q7 uses an actual transfer case, and the A3/TT use a Haldex system.

^ On reliability, check Consumer Reports. They suck for car reviews generally but their data on repairs is excellent. Note their scores on electrical reliability and switchware. Sucks.

Data is better than annecdotal, imo.

And just to give you a titty twister, why do you work for an Audi dealership and drive a SpecB? Do they make you hide your car? ;):lol:

IIRCDidn't one of you have a 00-02 S4 that you bought used (but was still under warranty) chipped have the trans or clutch fail at a track event and blame it on the car cause "you know how to drive stick?"

That was KartRacerBoy :lol: You should see how he drives :eek:

I never had an Audi with a transmission problem, but I had ones with plenty of other problems. VW's as well.

It must be really boring since no 2005+ cars ever come into the shop needing work, you m ight want to look into working for a much less reliable car line, like Toyota :lol:

^ On reliability, check Consumer Reports. They suck for car reviews generally but their data on repairs is excellent. Note their scores on electrical reliability and switchware. Sucks.

Data is better than annecdotal, imo.

Okay but how many more systems does say an A6 have over a Kia? We've had a fiber optic system since 04 (in the A8 all the MMI stuff is run by fiber optics). They've had CAN bus since 96 (A4). They were the first to bring a mass produced FSI car(in late 04 as an 05 model A6 3.2) to the US and the first turboed FSI car(A3 in 05 as a 06 model) mass produced world wide. I won't even get into TDIs since for Audi it is a reintroduction to the US. Then you have little things like adaptive cruise control (04 A8), LED DRLs (04 A8 W12), side assist (little lights in the mirrors that come on if you are passing someone/someone is passing you at highway speeds) (07 Q7), use of a torsen differential for the center differential in an awd system (iirc 84-87 Quattro Coupe), CVT trans (02 A4 fwd), and DSG (04 TT 3.2). So being towards the more inventive side of engineering wil create some unforseen problems. Again I'll never say they are problem free, cause they do some stupid stuff just like any other company.

Again I remember BMW having problems when they released the at the time new 7 series that were plagued by problems. Yes my first hand, ground level knowledge may be annecdotal as is the knowledge of my MB and BMW tech friends, but who do you think see the most problems?

Didn't Hummer have the worst reliablity or complaints for initial quality and that was because of all the new owners crying about gas mileage?

And just to give you a titty twister, why do you work for an Audi dealership and drive a SpecB? Do they make you hide your car? ;):lol:

Cause the ex GM of our dealership bought a Nissan, VW, Subie dealership and sold me the spec B(which was mid 07 and mine is an 08) for under invoice. For the price I paid for it about the only thing I could buy Audi wise is either a strippo A4 2.0T or an A3 brand new. I had kind of specific things I wanted and it came down to getting something more luxo used or a strippo luxo new, or a car that had almost everything I wanted new. Two cars fit the bill for new and almost everything I wanted and it came down to a spec B or a MS6. Oh and my spec B that stickerd for $35.5k has a glovebox that droops down about a half inch, had the p/frt hub bearing replaced at 15k, had discolored rims at 200 miles along with the oil line recall. That's not including the frankethrottle it has which at times you have no idea how fast/slow the throttle is going to react (I've heard an Accessport fixes that issue).

Archived