LegacyGT.com

Audi S5

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well that magazine was probably getting their info from a poll or from a consumer report so thats not really an opinion of the magazine....

And as Penguin says in post#136 there are ways of going around JD Powers and Consumer Reports by simply not sending out CSI surveys. Again one year Hummer H2s were ranked worst vehicle for initial quality due to the customer getting mpg shocked when they found out that H2s get terrible fuel economy but had no mechanical defects.

And as Penguin says in post#136 there are ways of going around JD Powers and Consumer Reports by simply not sending out CSI surveys. Again one year Hummer H2s were ranked worst vehicle for initial quality due to the customer getting mpg shocked when they found out that H2s get terrible fuel economy but had no mechanical defects.

You can't get around Consumer Reports by not sending out CSIs because the manufacturer doesn't send them out, CR does to it's subscribers. ALL JD Power rankings are complete crap and totally meaningless because they are horribly flawed.

as flaw as they may be, i found generally when i read about this car being good this one not being good i find it generally applies when i talk to people who own these cars. yes a lot of them are along the lines of what people say about the H2 and things like that you can take with a grain of salt. oh and by the way, people relax, you acting as if we offend your mother when we have an opinion.

Your first post stating Audi always break down

Essentially saying my 10 years of being a tech experience is less then everyone elses. No were have I stated that they didn't have problems. I just pointed out that they as many as any other euro marks cars.

No examples of "problems" that your "friends" had tons of.

So you are debunking the other persons post by saying that magazines are inaccurate and can be bias, by saying another magazine shows that Audi isn't within a certain list they made? Oh and I don't see BMW or MB on that list either.

Surprise!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 2 weeks later...

Trust when I tell you that the S5 is one hot, sexy, satisfying, car. I've got 12K miles on mine now. You will NOT regret getting the V8 (while you can) - the sound is priceless and will become more rare over time. If you can afford it - do it.

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt271/sandjstickney/AudiS5001.jpg

It's time to replace the battery in my A4. In my searches I came across this:

http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=4435476

What an unbelievable piece of crap this A3 is turning out to be. My '91 M5 battery lasted nine! years and our 528it battery lasted seven! years! My A3 battery lasted three years and 52k, tonight. The M5 is still the most reliable car I have ever owned. I want to love the A3, but this is getting silly.

:lol:

So if LSx engines are touched by the hand of god, and BMWs are touched by the hand of god does that make RAO god since he has both?

To show that even I have a sense of humor about Audi's this is a part of an article written about the 2010 S4. The best part is that the article is linked from Audi's corperate website.

Six Is the New Eight

By Josh Jacquot, Senior Road Test Editor Email | Blog

Date posted: 10-04-2009

STORY TOOLS http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/il/media/clickability/digg-icon.gifDigg this!http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/il/media/clickability/delicious-icon.gifdel.icio.us

Don't let the fact that the 2010 Audi S4 says "V6T" on its quarter panels confuse you. This alphanumeric soup has more to do with Audi's marketing department than it does with anything going on under the hood of the new S4.

Rest assured, the 3.0-liter V6 in the 2010 Audi S4 cranks out 333 supercharged horsepower and 325 supercharged pound-feet of torque, which hit the ground via a six-speed manual transmission and standard all-wheel drive. Audi's seven-speed, dual-clutch automated manual S tronic transmission is optional.

You see, the sassy Germans running Audi's marketing department decided that "T" should be the moniker used to indicate both turbo- and supercharged engines on the fenders of all S models using forced induction. For this, Audi lacks a good explanation — offering only that the "T" is, in fact, misleading.

We agree.

Accordingly, we've come up with an equally sensible name for the new sedan. For the remainder of this review, this Imola Yellow S4 will be known as the Red Baron.

The complete article:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=158446

You keep missing the point, but it is fun to watch :lol:

Remember kids - Audi's are very reliable.

No I understand your point and the sarcasm meter is pegged. You however keep trying to discredit my 10+ years of being an Audi tech, and 5+ of those being an Audi Master Guild tech with "I have friends with VWs," and "I've owned dozens of them that were just unreliable," with no actual/specific examples. You also try to further your point with "well on that forum, or I read on the internet," again without specific examples.

On top of all that you keep missing my point which is Audi is just as reliable as any other euro make. I cited specific examples of other euro manufacturers that had actual problems. I did tend to keep it more towards BMW mainly cause everyone on Subaru websites seems to believe that the 3 series is touched by god and can do no wrong. You however are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing by keep brushing away and negatives with "well if you get this year it is an an extreme improvement," type responses. Again no were do I say Audi's are the best car ever or that they do not have problems yet you keep missing that in which I've stated it at least 4-5 times in this thread alone. I even posted to the OP of this thread exactly what he had asked with specific examples of problems I've seen on S5s thus far.

If you have some sort of e-grudge against me, then so be it. Even my last response was aimed towards someone talking about a battery for their A4 and all I did was give them a simple response to try to help them. You however had to reignite this and couldn't just let this lay. As stated before even in the beginning of this thread all I did was give the OP some helpful info including problems I've seen on an Audi he was looking to buy.

I'm personally going to try to only answer relevant to this thread instead of thread jacking it any further.

To the OP apparently for 2009 MY Audi's they are now going to cover brakes and bulbs for the 4 year/K miles warranty. So that would mean those things would be free of charge to you. I just heard about this since from 05-08 MY do not cover those items even if you have the maintenance plan.

You left out some important parts of the discussion, but that is your habit.

"Audi - our quality is as good as other European cars" that is a great new slogan :lol:

And again like you keep doing, not giving examples of such things.

Archived