LegacyGT.com

Drying towel..what do you use?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

used to use the absorber and loved it. Then the govt banned car washing.

now I just look at my filthy car in frustration and use nothing.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

A quick ride around the block then into my garage for a final once over with a giant mf towel and some instant spritz detail spray does the trick for me.

If you don't drive around a least a little, you will find that water hides in little places and drips the next day etc., no matter how well you dry it. The crevices under the mirrors is famous for holding a shitload of water and water spotting a perfectly detailed car.

If you don't drive around a least a little, you will find that water hides in little places and drips the next day etc., no matter how well you dry it. The crevices under the mirrors is famous for holding a shitload of water and water spotting a perfectly detailed car.

I use the absorber and an air compressor at the same time. The air pushes the water into the absorber... works like a charm :rolleyes:

A quick ride around the block then into my garage for a final once over with a giant mf towel and some instant spritz detail spray does the trick for me.

the only spot i find that hides water is the front grill, all the other spots (door handles, fuel door, trunk) can all be dried without driving the car. open all 4 doors and wipe down the door jams bottom of the door, etc. when you close them the water from the handles/mirrors will drip out, same goes for the trunk. you can either open the fuel door or give it a few taps until the water drips down.

BTW i use a separate cotton towel for the door james, etc. since it's not as clean the outside of the car. :cool:

Air compressor or a drive around the block, aren't you concerned about picking up particles (dust, sand, etc..) that could potentially scratch it when you go back over it with a chamois or cloth?

Air compressor or a drive around the block, aren't you concerned about picking up particles (dust, sand, etc..) that could potentially scratch it when you go back over it with a chamois or cloth?

Compressors have a filter much like the filter for our cars, it helps to reduce particles. If you do it in a clean space there shouldn't be any trouble. I haven't experienced any problems... yet. *knocks on wood*

The Absorber works great, however it scares me sometimes because the dirt which becomes trapped as you dry the car has nowhere to go, and has the possibility to scratch the paint.

I've had the same Absorber cloth for a few years, I just toss it in the wash occasionally and it comes out good as new. ;) If you let it get really dirty it'll start failing to pick up all the water.

not after vince used it on that dog in the commercial.

I have considered using a slapchop.. but I dont think it'd dry too well.. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

we can wash our cars now!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D I'm going to have to put on gloves and a mask and take my absorber out of its container for the 1st time in 3 years.. it probably has some horrible face melting mold on it.. Ya think its slavageable or just buy another one?

I use a hair net full of rocks. The rough material of the hair net smooths out any swirls from the original wash and the rocks help to add weight to the overall drying which helps me from getting sore arms from applying pressure.

+1 on the Absorber. I had that since 04

I use a hair net full of rocks. The rough material of the hair net smooths out any swirls from the original wash and the rocks help to add weight to the overall drying which helps me from getting sore arms from applying pressure.

+1 on the Absorber. I had that since 04

Pffft! I use human skin. Much more absorbant. Just avoid the skin from them Lepers... yech!

+5 on the Absorber.

Archived