LegacyGT.com

Drying towel..what do you use?

I've heard no good things about the sham-wow. I've always used an Absorber... I've had mine for 3 years, and its as good as it was the day i got it!

You can find them in various auto parts stores or online...

Amazon.com: The Absorber Synthetic Drying Chamois, 27" x 17": Automotive

+1

I use the same absorber I've had for nearly 10 years. Still as good as new.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the other question now is.. what do you use to WASH your car?

I used to use a sponge, but it doesn't do anything to get the bugs off the front of the car.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I don't dry my car after washing it. I use the Mr. Clean car wash products and it filters the impurities out of the water so it doesn't leave spots when it evaporates. I can wash my car in 10 minutes and be done with it.

They claim you can get ten washes out of it though but I get maybe 4-5 before the filter needs to be replaced. Maybe it's the hard water we have out here.

It's great not to have to worry about drying it, especially when its 115 degrees. Without the filtered water, the car dries in a few minutes (typically with steam rising from the paint and windows even when when parked in the shade) and ends up looking dirtier than before I washed it. Not fun when you have a dark gray car.

Archived