LegacyGT.com

Drying towel..what do you use?

So i had one of the meguiar's super absorbent towels, however after the second use, i flung it out and the edge seam ripped off :mad: So now i'm in search of a better drying device as my $9 supposedly good drying towel is falling to pieces. Any suggestions to limit the spider web scratches??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard no good things about the sham-wow. I've always used an Absorber... I've had mine for 3 years, and its as good as it was the day i got it!

You can find them in various auto parts stores or online...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Synthetic-Drying-Chamois-27/dp/B0000AY69V]Amazon.com: The Absorber Synthetic Drying Chamois, 27" x 17": Automotive[/ame]

I've heard no good things about the sham-wow. I've always used an Absorber... I've had mine for 3 years, and its as good as it was the day i got it!

Amazon.com: The Absorber Synthetic Drying Chamois, 27" x 17": Automotive

+1 on the absorber. you can find them locally (autozone, walmart, etc) too.

The Absorber works great, however it scares me sometimes because the dirt which becomes trapped as you dry the car has nowhere to go, and has the possibility to scratch the paint.

I've been using waffle weave microfiber cloths lately and have been pretty impressed with the way it dries the car. I actually rang it out less than the absorber. Maybe twice for the whole car.

I have used chamois, all types of MF, the absorber, sham wow, and just air.

I like to use my california blade to throw off most of the water and then either the absorber or a waffle weave MF towel.

The real trick is to just get a california blade or blow the water off then wipe everything down after that.

Don't forget to get under the doors and in the door jams as well.

Amazon.com: The Absorber Synthetic Drying Chamois, 27" x 17": Automotive

+ another.. I bought one of these in blue years ago and I still have it though it's in shambles now. I bought a yellow one at walmart/target last year when I got my spec b, and it's still in great shape.

These are also machine wash/dryable.

+ another.. I bought one of these in blue years ago and I still have it though it's in shambles now. I bought a yellow one at walmart/target last year when I got my spec b, and it's still in great shape.

These are also machine wash/dryable.

+5 on the Absorber... after a water blade...

I've been considering one of the water blades as well just to cut drying time down a bit. The absorber works great, but takes several go rounds and ring outs. Not that 15-20 mins to dry a whole car is bad..

Archived