LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

No trimming of the bumper, only the grill, and yes the bolt holes on top need to be re drilled or made bigger. I received my grill pre modded to fit from Catalyst, but that's what I noticed was done to make it fit. The whole backside bottom was trimmed up to the honeycomb. Ill go take mine off and take pics, give me a few.

I appreciate it. I wont even tell you what I paid for the grill that I will now need to hack up. That's is what makes my Subaru a Subaru, I suppose.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea these grills are pricier than gold usually, I can imagine what you paid. I waited 6 months cause I was determined not to pay a crazy amount, finally Catalyst hooked me up for a killer price.

So there looks to have been three tabs on the bottom that need to be trimmed or taken off. And then the bolt holes need to be moved. I haven't looked at fastening the bottom of the grill yet, but with the hood closed it's pretty secure so it won't fly away on the highway or something like that.

image-7.thumb.jpg.8538794fc98fcddbaaaceab6616ad0e5.jpg

image-6.thumb.jpg.2be3e93bdba23c38edbf08790883ac80.jpg

image-5.thumb.jpg.5aa6188bca6dc6eefe961594b1dfc1a1.jpg

Nubie's explanation sounds accurate. I didn't actually mod it myself (received it that way), and if I had the spec.B or 3.0 front bumper, I would have used it. I was thinking I would have to use a little 3m trim tape on the leading edge where it meets the bumper.

I received my JDM Subaru Sports mesh grille this weekend from valleylegacy for my 2.0GT front bumper. I still need to get it painted TSM :cool:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/211243BD-2FFB-40F3-9BAA-0EEE67A8B966.jpg

This is a link from someone who make a pretty good document of their 06 USDM SPEC B converting over to a JDM SPEC B front bumper.

Its REV A-C so usdm 05-07 legacy.

http://www.nonox-design.com/projects/project_LegacySpecB/

He did not use the JDM Bumper Beam, fender liners, undertray, and foglights.

Edited by valleylegacy

Is that the one Rawparts was selling

I think it was, although I bought it from Valleylegacy with a bumper beam and headlight brackets. Valleylegacy was very helpful with the entire transaction.

Edited by KCwagon