LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason they are paranoid is because in Japan, they break down the cars by the actual year it was manufactured, and then the model revision.

So your car is a BL, rev. B, Model Year 2005.

See, the problem is, here in America they sell cars within a certain period of the end of the year, and they then call it the next year's model. That's extremely confusing when you think about it, and makes getting the exact part for some cars hard. For instance, we have DBW controllers that need a different wiring harness between pre-2006 models and post 2006 models. But because Subaru would call some 2005 models 2006, they didn't use the newer harness. And it's random which is which. That's why you need a VIN at a dealer to get some parts.

The reason they are paranoid is because in Japan, they break down the cars by the actual year it was manufactured, and then the model revision.

So your car is a BL, rev. B, Model Year 2005.

See, the problem is, here in America they sell cars within a certain period of the end of the year, and they then call it the next year's model. That's extremely confusing when you think about it, and makes getting the exact part for some cars hard. For instance, we have DBW controllers that need a different wiring harness between pre-2006 models and post 2006 models. But because Subaru would call some 2005 models 2006, they didn't use the newer harness. And it's random which is which. That's why you need a VIN at a dealer to get some parts.

and here I thought the dealership were just being jerks for no reason!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
LOL sure would have been nice to have found this thread when it was started. I'm sure I could have at least been a little help to some of you :cool:

Not too many out there doing the Rev D-F conversion.

where did u source the bumper from???

also, if you need a grille, i can help source one for you.

Thank you I'm holding out for the right grille, Ill be sourcing it myself once I find the one I like. I'm also not wanting to spend $300 bucks for a grille which makes it a little harder. :)

Bumper came in, forgot to order some new body clips, and im waiting on my grill. What im most happy about is that it has a tow hook cover :lol:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt329/hernandez80233/Bumper001-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Installed Delta Speed kit finally!

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u395/Frontman81/4cae95fda0a45a2ddf151c2a49f5d445_zps3f3054fc.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u395/Frontman81/8d0af83641d23d61e3bd294a60a28186_zps7d89f9df.jpg

Hey guys so I'm looking to buy a mesh grill for my leggy with a liberty front bumper but I can't quite decide on the style of the grills and I thought I'd ask for all your opinions on which is a better grill.

So the first pic is how my car stands right now

The second and the third pics are the 2 grills that I'm trying to decide between.

Let me know what you guys think the second or the the third picture.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1377534859576.thumb.jpg.1906b14c77f1fb7444b0363d786935d8.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377534904571.jpg.663daadb9a23860c42b58ecf7ca179fe.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377534968614.jpg.14e4c5821b6e65f2dd052214494dfd2b.jpg

Hey guys so I'm looking to buy a mesh grill for my leggy with a liberty front bumper but I can't quite decide on the style of the grills and I thought I'd ask for all your opinions on which is a better grill.

So the first pic is how my car stands right now

The second and the third pics are the 2 grills that I'm trying to decide between.

Let me know what you guys think the second or the the third picture.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Out of your options I like the last pic with Liscence plate BTZ.