LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

The beam I used was from an 08 and I found out is shorter by a couple inches and thinner then the one in those pictures which is the one on the 05's. I didnt get exact dimensions but with the 08 beam I only had to make one cut on each end and that was it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beam I used was from an 08 and I found out is shorter by a couple inches and thinner then the one in those pictures which is the one on the 05's. I didnt get exact dimensions but with the 08 beam I only had to make one cut on each end and that was it.

Thats really interesting. Does the 08 beam bolt up directly to an 05 LGT?

And if you find any pictures of an 08 beam can you MS paint to show me what you did? That would be excellent.

Here is what I cut, same place as "technicalgarage" cut but I just went with a straight cut. Also I did not need to cut the bottom off the whole mean like showed doing.

I am using a spec B bumper and I think he was using the 3.0R so maybe that's the reason for the difference in needed cuts.

image.thumb.jpg.06ea138a6761d10dfb4355c400659c80.jpg

I have had a JDM Sport Bumper on my legacy for over 6 years now. But I've been running a FMIC set up and didnt need the beam. But I wanted to transition back into a TMIC set up and wanted to remove the FMIC. http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae3/jkorets/Sexy%20Legs/CIMG4765.jpg Edited by DoctorLGT

I have been searching high and low for a JDM front bumper for my 06 Outback but I literally have had zero luck. Does anyone know where I can find one?

I got mine from this guy

http://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=57299

Or this guy has one right now.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/socal-jdm-spec-b-bumper-fits-05-07-legacy-219562.html?t=219562

Those are for the Legacy, not the Outback. I have no problem finding those all day, but haven't found a single Outback one :(

Those are for the Legacy, not the Outback. I have no problem finding those all day, but haven't found a single Outback one :(

You've gotta look on the JDM sites only for the rev A-C BP Outback. Usually a lot of goodies on the Japanese auction sites :)

• 2 weeks later...
I mocked up my honeycomb grill on my spec B bumper today (it was cold and I did not try very hard) but it seemed to not fit very well. I know it is not supposed to be a perfect fit, but it seemed off to me and did not clip/attach anywhere on the bottom part of the grill. Any tips or tricks I need to be aware of.

I mocked up my honeycomb grill on my spec B bumper today (it was cold and I did not try very hard) but it seemed to not fit very well. I know it is not supposed to be a perfect fit, but it seemed off to me and did not clip/attach anywhere on the bottom part of the grill. Any tips or tricks I need to be aware of.

Yea it's not going to clip the bottom at all, you also need to trim that whole bottom edge so that it sits right. Someone here has the pictures and instructions.

Yea it's not going to clip the bottom at all, you also need to trim that whole bottom edge so that it sits right. Someone here has the pictures and instructions.

Pics and instructions would be great. I did a search, but nothing.

I got tired of searching also sorry couldnt find it, someone will chime in eventually.

Thanks for looking. After two hours, I gave up. I am assuming you trim the ridge on the bumper itself so the grill sits flat ? That should be pretty straightforward. It looks as if the holes for the clips up top need to be adjusted a bit too.

No trimming of the bumper, only the grill, and yes the bolt holes on top need to be re drilled or made bigger. I received my grill pre modded to fit from Catalyst, but that's what I noticed was done to make it fit. The whole backside bottom was trimmed up to the honeycomb. Ill go take mine off and take pics, give me a few.