LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone needs a JDM Rev D- honeycomb grill, I have one I'll be selling. It might actually be Hanger's old one, as it has been modified for an earlier spec.B/3.0 style bumper. I have a GT JDM Rev A-C front bumper which has a smaller opening than the spec.B/3.0 bumpers do, so it won't fit mine. This will fit just like ynot87s in the picture above (post 773). Edited by .:Catalyst:.

If anyone needs a JDM Rev D- honeycomb grill, I have one I'll be selling. It might actually be Hanger's old one, as it has been modified for an earlier spec.B/3.0 style bumper. I have a GT JDM Rev A-C front bumper which has a smaller opening than the spec.B/3.0 bumpers do, so it won't fit mine. This will fit just like ynot87s in the picture above (post 773).

:orly::rolleyes: looks like my old grille is being a whore and going all around :lol:

You got the JDM GT bumper? I always wanted one :wub:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

:lol:

Yes I like it. I couldn't pass it up, since it was already painted the right color. I swapped with SpecB-228 who posted above. Has the STi lip, and he included the beam, supports, fogs, and I sourced the original style grille. I'll be doing a full conversion to the MY06 Tuned by STi setup (still need wheels, rear wing, exhaust, rear bumper and badging) with my 06 spec.B, and repaint in the TSM. I like this bumper's simple lines and the bottom opening the best of the 3 options. As much as I like the spec.B front bumper, the GT one seems more rare here ;)

So just an FYI for all that are looking to do the JDM swap. Ive seen lots of different "lists" of needed parts, and what USDM parts will work with what JDM. In my personal experience, I put mine together this week, ALL I absolutely needed was the JDM bumper and JDM grill.

I shaved the bumper beam and my UDSM headlight brackets worked perfectly with my JDM bumper.

For early models (05-07 or Rev A-C), you do not need headlights for sure, (Rev D+ is another story with fenders and headlights required). The headlight brackets are slightly different (I got some JDM ones), but you can get the USDM ones to work as well. For my conversion I have the JDM beam, as well as the lower air dam brace which trims the radiator and provides support for the lower section of the bumper, as well as the JDM headlight brackets to eliminate some gaps left by the USDM brackets.

I've been working with valleylegacy on procuring the rear bumper cover, bumper support, a sport mesh grill and some other JDM STi suspension goodies. Still have a few other items to scratch off the list to complete the conversion I'm working towards. :cool:

I'm going to get the STi pillow ball rear lower links (already have some earmarked for me), and the STi lower chassis brace when I locate one. Someday when I'm done with the exterior mods and paint work, I'll likely pursue the Bilstein BSS coil overs too.

This is my inspiration... converting a USDM 06 spec.B to the AUDM 06 Tuned by STi as correctly as possible, but keep the USDM spec.B TSM paint color vs. BSM:

libertyGT_tS_front.jpg.a40a078d7aeb71e85614d59d921c0864.jpg

LibertyGT_tS_rear.jpg.db4abbfec714f9ac806c3583420f4134.jpg

LibertyGT_tS.thumb.jpg.c4ccd009379fe138ac851aaae7cf56e4.jpg

For early models (05-07 or Rev A-C), you do not need headlights for sure, (Rev D+ is another story with fenders and headlights required). The headlight brackets are slightly different (I got some JDM ones), but you can get the USDM ones to work as well. For my conversion I have the JDM beam, as well as the lower air dam brace which trims the radiator and provides support for the lower section of the bumper, as well as the JDM headlight brackets to eliminate some gaps left by the USDM brackets.

I've been working with valleylegacy on procuring the rear bumper cover, bumper support, a sport mesh grill and some other JDM STi suspension goodies. Still have a few other items to scratch off the list to complete the conversion I'm working towards. :cool:

Any pics of the shaved USDM bumper beam?