LegacyGT.com

GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX

itsme

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for seeing this through, I know we all appreciate it. I for one would be perfectly willing to LOSE my fogs for an awesome FMIC that doesn't require me to hack my bumper beam to hell. Just let me know where to send money, I'm sold.

I'm fine with no fogs as I stated earlier in this thread. However, I'm interested to see hacking the S out of the hard plastic. Any pics of where will the hacking might take place?

where to send payment? :)

I don't have any pictures because I wasn't about to hack my car.:lol: This is the appron that would have to be cut. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/121211.jpg

Like I said I have a month before I order the stuff so I will see if can do somthing about the fogs. I'm kind of anal(not the gay way:eek:) about having things the right way. And it's losing the fogs is bugging me.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I am definitally sold on this kit if I can keep my fogs. I love them. I would rather cut my beam than lose my fogs. please keep us updated, I know I will be ordering one from you. what would the price be with either a lgt or hks flange on it? thanks so much for doing this

i think someone mentioned this earlier... but if people REALLY want the fogs that bad... is there a way you might be able to offer that more expensive route to those that really wanna keep their fogs?? or will that not be cost effecient for you?? to me it does sound like people would rather keep the fogs... and are willing to pay the premium for it.... because either way it will be cheaper than all the other FMIC kits out there that fit our cars.... just a suggestion...

i already got the X02 kit... have yet to install it but will next thursday... but i can tell you... im willing to drop the fogs in a heartbeat...

That apron or plastic cover is only $32+shipping from FredBean's. I say either remove the cover completely like other FMIC kits require or hack it up and plan to buy a replacement cover if you decide to take the car back to stock. (Radiator intake cover - part number 12 in the link)

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=214152&chapter=ARL7523&appSectionid=2309&groupid=2309&subgroupid=14928&componentid=0&make=32&model=Legacy&year=2005&graphicID=7523035&callout=12&catalogid=2

+1 I'd be willing to pay more if a solution is found that keeps the fogs. I would also be open to trimming the bumper beam if it helped keep the fogs.

Thanks for working on this kit!

the whole plan was not to cut the bumper. Now everyone want to cut the bumper to save the fogs? How long are you guy willing to wait? I have another design in my head that is radically different from this or any other kit out there. I have to catch my train and I will finish this post on my phone.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I think cutting the bumper beam is the better of the 2 to avoid. Hacking that 30$ plastic cover doesn't phase me a bit, although I'm curious to see the pipe routing.

Hopefully people don't think hackng the bumper all up is the way to go...I thought originally this was the plan To avoid it?

I didn't know that the cover was only $30. I will not cut the bumper beam period. I'm going to look into the other setup. It will hit are the goals but it will push the price. I will still try to keep the kit at the range of aftermaket TMIC. So give me your input.

No fogs. No problem. They really do almost nothing as far as appreciable light output.

I'm guessing yours are aimed way too far down, like mine were originally. When they're aimed right, they work as well as any other fog light.

Archived