LegacyGT.com

GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX

itsme

...this is definitely my first and only choice.

:whore: This has to be the thread i watch, as well as looking for updates, the most.

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going t be a hot one today. It's 6am and it's already 70 deg. I'm about to go get my parts and start work now to beat the heat.

Just checking to see if there is anyone near Carson (90810) that has a '07+ (with a air pump) and an auto. I just need about 10 min of your time. I won't need to take anything off your car. I just need to slide my mock up pipe in. I want to make sure I clear the air pump and any tranny cooler lines. If not I can just go by the dealer and check out one of their automatics.

If everything goes well I will need a '08+ WRX to testfit the setup on. So let me know tat can help out.

Well it's time to get to work. later.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

today went well. I fab up just about the whole setup. I was save the fogs, clear the air pump, and save the bumper and stock overflow tank. Now I'm working on what intake will fit with this setup. Will keep you posted.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

So if the bumper beam is kept intact, foglights are kept intact, and no trimming is required, the install should be pretty darn basic and someone with limited fab skills (like myself ;)) will have no problem making it work. Also, a little off topic, but since this will fit either the LGT or WRX style turbo, which compressor wheel should I use since I have one of each of the 2 styles for my turbo. Or does it matter?

I was able to finish today. I'm very tired and I will answer all of your question in the morning.

Sorry about the interruption today Bryan. ;)

Don't feel bad it seemed like everone wanted to talk to me while was I was working.;)

I'm done with the full mockup. Everything went well. I'm very happy with how it came out and I think everyone will like it. It will work with short ram type intakes(AVO), and cold air like the typhoon.

I'm going to find a local pipe bender to reproduce my mock up before I send off the forms and do any revisions. I know next week is a holiday so after that I need a LGT with an air pump to test fit. And what I said about only needing 10 minutes was before I made the kit. I will take more then 10 minutes maybe about a hour. So let me know the sooner I can send it out.

So to cover all bases. With this kit you will keep your bumper beam without cutting it. It might need some slight trimming to the back of the bumper skin. My bumper is already trimmed for my old setup. You will have to remove or trim this plastic apron. It's held on by 4 pop-its and 2 10mm bolts. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/121211.jpg

No one will be able to see it if you trim it. Keep the foglights. So all of you foglight loves can do your happy dance. Now I have to put my fogs back in to cover the empty holes.:lol:

And clears the airpump and retains the stock coolant over flow tank.

So that's about it.

Archived