LegacyGT.com

Bilstein BTS Outback XT kit pictures

info from Allshocks.com

could this be wrong?

The part numbers on Bilstein's German site are the same as what are run on the US Legacy Spec B, and are available here. The problem is that they will not work on the Outback without making significant suspension modifications and lowering the car to the same ride height as the Legacy Spec B. These shocks are much too short if you want to keep the Outback useable as an Outback.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doing some searching now and will let you all what I come up with...so far I've found that you get NO warrenty, NO support in the US what so ever as far a rebuild etc. Oh and it takes around 8 weeks. Price is on it's way.

Nah. Bilstein USA will have no problem rebuilding these. It's not like the dampers themselves are super duper JDM yo only magic stuff. I had Bilstein USA rebuild my JDM only Legcay Bilstein PSS coilovers (labelled BSS-KIT in Japan).

And warranty? Warranty is fictitious concept when it comes to car modification...

Hey Ohbe1, The fitment issue on the front JDM Bilstein BTS kit install was the top hats; also the required JDM rear top hats as you know became a discovery.

As far as a simple Euro Bilstein B6 sport shock fitment, the USDM Outback's OE rear springs I think would be a challenge… any top hat/perch issues aside, which I don’t believe would materialize, its the USDM OB rear’s spring length that suggests a cautious approach..

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

It's Bilstein's Germany's B6 Sport strut for the (BP) Outback, mode VE3-B830, and VE3-B831. Rear BE5-B832

It is my understanding the above Bilstein Germany part numbers are for the German market Outback. Subi Germany does sell the "raised ride height" Outback model there; No turbo 2.5i XT model however. Hey but they have the diesel....

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

The JDM Bilstein BTS 5056 Kit install was completed today. I gota say the outcome is great! Nice controlled body movements, so much so you forget it’s a wagon. The steering feels better as its descriptive term “digital” is replaced with linearity. Never harsh best describes the ride and gone is the bobble head character of the Outback’s raised ride height. My OB XTs ride height seems to have dropped about an half an inch - I’ll post the before and after pic's although looking at the car now, I can't view the difference. The JDM Bilstein kit show's off the Outback’s competent stiff chassis. Of the little off roading attempted there was no sign of noises or creaks of any kind. Control, control, control.

I can't beleive Subaru passed on this Bilstein arrangement the for lowly KYB. Bean counters at work that leaves their enthusiast Outback XT turbo customer in the ditch….

Cheers, Mike

Nice. They come with very soft springs though, but the magic is in the valving. Is the seasickness inducing rear end oscillation gone?

And have you posted anywhere a picture of the rear JDM Outback top hat?

Nice. They come with very soft springs though, but the magic is in the valving. Is the seasickness inducing rear end oscillation gone?

And have you posted anywhere a picture of the rear JDM Outback top hat?

The seasickness/rear end oscillation is extinct. I always thought of this as the car waging its tail but your discription is correct, the OB does oscillate which would discribe more of a continuious charactor. ~ additionally the OB simply bobbled around as if in strong cross winds..... All of this is in the past!

And nope, I haven’t posted the JDM rear top hat pic’s anywhere. I did take photo’s although I’m having trouble with an interface and the camera. Once I get this sorted, I’ll be sure to ping ya ~

Cheers, Mike

Mike, what was the total $ outlay for this project? Did you also do sways?

Hey Easton ~ All toll we're at approx. $1700.00 Breaks down like so...

$1245 Kit

$200+ JDM F & R top hats

$145 UPS international

$100 Alignment

Yes, it's pricey.

Ya know I didn't do the sway's - The approach is to drive the OB a wee bit and sort it out from there. It drive's very different . . that I can tell you ~ I'll post something more substaintial as far as a "road test" in a day or.

Cheers, Mike

This is great news.Anymore a55dive when accellerating?

Nope. Not at all. The XT would squat down once past the turbo lag from a stand still; much less if at all with the BTS kit.

A herculean brake action from 70 MPH to full stop produced noticeably less nose dive. In the past with such a braking maneuver the wagon's ass would come up and the nose would dive hard. Not anymore.

Cheers, Mike

Need a GB on this...I might be able to work a deal on shipping since my friend is a SERE instructor for the Airforce in Japan.

What's the talk about the German Kit(struts only)?Unable to find any info about these.

I think this will be my winter set up if all goes well...down on the ground for summer! Just had West End Alignment in Torrance do a corner weight and alignment...about as low as this car can go with Megans. Car handles like it should...now it's time to build a winter set up that actually handles well!!!

Maybe if you put together a parts list for us? Not that I'm lazy but it sure would help!

Thanks!

IMG_4269.jpg.c9da9d893aa337eb9e61e82d42d2a9e1.jpg

Maybe if you put together a parts list for us? Not that I'm lazy but it sure would help!

Thanks!

Maybe you're a wee bit lazy .... Here goes.

Parts list:

1ea. JDM Bistein BTS-5056. www.japanparts.com

2ea. USDM SpecB top hats, 20320AG01A. local.

2ea. USDM dust cap 20320AG000. local.

2ea. JDM rear shock perch 20370AG010. www.japanparts.com

2ea. JDM rear rubber upper 20375AE011. www.japanparts.com

Natoli4, What are you doing for Brakes on your XT? Nice car.

Edit: I drove the XT today loaded with 300+lbs of swimming pool salt/bags and a full tank of fuel..... the Bilstein set-up is sooooooooo composed!! F-K you Subaru of America.

Cheers, Mike

StopTech kit on the front, Stock in the back... The car is so heavy though it really could use a full Brembo upgrade but money is too tight for that right now. Thanks BTW, having the top matte Black Stickered next monday will post pics in Outback section.

Need a GB on this...I might be able to work a deal on shipping since my friend is a SERE instructor for the Airforce in Japan.

What's the talk about the German Kit(struts only)?Unable to find any info about these.

Depending on price I'd in on group buy also. Just rear shocks (Bilstein HD) would be even better though. I don't think there is a German kit. The shocks from this kit are designed and manufactured by Bilstein Japan, apparently.

I bet they are made in Germany, but only for Bilstein Japan.

My LGT Bilstein coilovers are JDM only and are made in Germany. Still it doesn't mean they are distributed outside Japan.

Archived