LegacyGT.com

Bilstein BTS Outback XT kit pictures

Unclemat, you're the Bomb! I'm all over these part numbers.

EDIT: the USDM SpecB tophats have been ordered locally and are in the wind; The cost is approx. $105.00 for the deuce.

EDIT: Rear JDM RUBBER SEAT ordered through www.japanparts.com $49.00 for the deuce delvered.

We're getting closer,,,, Thanks again.

Could this be the the initial USA XT install in all these years of the JDM Bilstein BTS5056J kit availablity? Go figure.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a strut leaking and this is probably the next upgrade.

As an option possibly is my OE strut/spring/shock set which will be For Sale. Our MY05 Outback XT has approx. 45K miles on the clock. Hwy. miles down hill all the way. (no leaks, good condition)

PM if interested.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Unclemat, just to be sure, I'll be reusing the stock (upper) Front spring SEATS from my USDM OB XT? (Sans a possible washer... btw the new USDM SpecB tophat and the OE spring seat when fitting the new JDM Bilstein BTS Kit strut.)

Presumably, (there I go again) the front upper spring seat is common to both the MY05 - 07 range Legacy, Lgt, Outback and Outback XT.

Cheers, Mike

Ok, so I checked JDM parts.

Indeed the rear RUBBER SEAT has different part # between JDM Outbacks and JDM Legacies. The part # is 20375AE011. It is JDM only part. The top hat itself (metal mount) is the same for both Outback and Legacy for either JDM or USDM, so you can resuse your stock ones.

Bottom line is - you need to source two of these seats it seems for the rears.

I received the REAR JDM RUBBER SEAT from www.japanparts.com today. Nice, quick, acurate service. The JDM Outback rubber seats, part #20375AE011 is substaintially smaller/thinner than the thick OE USDM rubber upper seat. We'll see if/how the new JDM rubber seat mates with the rear OE USDM metal upper mount perch . Another week goes by as the Subi XT is in the garage disassembled. The wife isn't freaking out - go figure. Yeah she's driving my sports car...

Cheers, Mike

Unfortunately, the rear OE USDM Upper Rubber seat and its metal mount are not ready for a photo comparison.

Photo's are of the JDM Outback upper rubber seat, part #20375AE011

S000_0009.thumb.jpg.c18ddffeb1c68a310a35ac4551413744.jpg

S000_0010.thumb.jpg.002db30ce946f27cd26bd5530eca137b.jpg

S000_0011.thumb.jpg.5ced6ee6718953a8e51a3b2ca70661ce.jpg

S000_0012.thumb.jpg.70515af0ee27cfc3bbe5ae18b0cca777.jpg

S000_0013.thumb.jpg.05ef8064400a7cd41aebcaace96552b1.jpg

S000_0014.thumb.jpg.01ec98db8d16bc0f9464cc67ce0d5ed4.jpg

S000_0015.thumb.jpg.4b1599cd65634812dddf77ce83e424cf.jpg

Cheers, Mike

Update: The front portion of the JDM Bilstein BTS5056J kit was installed today. Reused was the USDM Front top spring perchs in combination with the new SpecB type top hats as forecasted. It’s a little early to tell although a quick measurement indicates the Outback XT has dropped about 1/2 an inch. EDIT:

Bilstein Japan was helpful in emailing a front and rear schematic in pdf. form. - EDIT: the rear info proved incorrect as Bilstein Japan would later acknowledged by providing the correct info; A Big Ole Danke Schon to Unclemat for setting me straight. Hello, Yuki at www.japanparts.com

Gottsa noodle this rear piece of the puzzle a wee bit more. Stay tuned, so far so good.

Cheers, Mike

Mike, I double checked JDM part numbers. Something si w and I realized I was wrong about the top hat - the metal part - JDM Outback has different part - it's 20370AG010.

The numbers Bilstein Japan gave you you forwarded to me are for *Legacy*, not Outback.

...Keep in mind that the XT version Outback is raised an additional 1 inch above all other Outback’s as its ginned up to circumnavigate the EPA / CAFÉ regulations; Read its classified as an SUV-Truck and not a passenger car.)...

Isn't that true of all North American Outbacks - XT, 2.5i, & H6?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Isn't that true of all North American Outbacks - XT, 2.5i, & H6?
Nope. This is Not True. (IMHO)

The text "above all other Outback’s" means just that, including the 2.5i & H6 model Outback. The uber raised ride height of the XT is specific in Subaru USAs intention of classify the specific XT model as an SUV-Truck. EDIT; this could be incorrect.

EDIT: The XTs thirst for fuel is the culprit – we’ll kinda. Subaru’s management merely seized a CAFÉ loophole so the XT model wouldn’t show on their passenger car CAFÉ radar. True. While my language or jargon may differ in this post, a writer at the WSJ had disclosed the specifics. Subaru’s management claimed some BS story about a call from their market base, etc. to raise the suspension specific to the XT. (and hence the mulligan with CAFÉ passenger car status.) You can hear the always doubting SNL Church Lady from here.... "Isn't that special" - Subaru . .

Cheers, Mike

Mike, I double checked JDM part numbers. Something si w and I realized I was wrong about the top hat - the metal part - JDM Outback has different part - it's 20370AG010.

Thanks! The good Folks at www.japanparts.com have a couple of these JDM mounts in the wind . . .

Can't wait!

Cheers, Mike

Nope. This is Not True.

The text "above all other Outback’s" means just that, including the 2.5i & H6 model Outback. The uber raised ride height of the XT is specific in Subaru USAs intention of classify the specific XT model as an SUV-Truck.

The XTs thirst for fuel is the culprit – we’ll kinda. Subaru’s management merely created a CAFÉ loophole for the XT so the model wouldn’t show on their passenger car CAFÉ radar. True. While my language or jargon may differ in this post, a writer at the WSJ had disclosed the specifics. Subaru’s management claimed some BS story about a call from their market base, etc. to raise the suspension specific to the XT. (and hence the mulligan with CAFÉ passenger car status.) You can hear the SNL Church Lady from here.... "Isn't that special"

So you're saying only XT is classified as a truck, but 2.5i and 3.0R are as passenger cars?

So you're saying only XT is classified as a truck, but 2.5i and 3.0R are as passenger cars?

As mentioned in an earlier post, my jargon or the use of wording such as SUV or truck one should not stumble. EDIT: The entire USA MY05 thru 09 Outback are according to the EPA Trucks.

Its a slight of hand on Subaru of America's part.

What’s a little strange I know is many state’s registration (mine is Colorado) says passenger car.

Cheers, Mike

I can clarify the ride height differences. The USDM XT (at least for the 08-09 models) is only .2" taller than the 2.5i and H6. The XT is 8.7" and the others are 8.5". I confirmed this in my owners manual. The JDM regulars are 7.5" I believe. The Forester now has the most clearance at 8.9". I still don't know exactly where the difference is underneath the OBXT. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's due to suspension. I think they tucked something up a little tighter.

Hey Cannonball.... I wish it were true however the OBXTs suspension bites are soooo unique within the Outback range I wouldn't know where to begin. And then there's the brake components and the brake lines etc...

Cheers, Mike

I believe the clearance difference stems from the differences in turbo vs. non-turbo exhaust plumbing. It's same on Legacy 2.5i vs GT.

I think all Outbacks are "light trucks", not just XT.

Sooo...... The US XT suspension is even worse than our US 2.5i?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

To me, 1" taller means worse handling, given both are apparently equally underdamped.

Archived