LegacyGT.com

Now that you know your next car won't be a new Legacy, what will you buy instead?

This question is obviously directed towards those who:

1. do not like the 2010+ Legacy

2. do not plan on buying another subaru like an Impreza

I :lol:'d at the thread title.

I'm actually hoping that the current-generation Impreza evolves into something I'd buy. A coupe would be great, a wagon would probably be fine. I have no interest in a sedan or hunchback though.

Between the current Impreza having so much in common with the BL/BP, and the little tweaks Subaru does every couple years I think there's a fair chance that I'll be interested in a Subaru again.

Or not, in which case I have no idea what I'll get next. It's not something I intend to think about for several years anyway.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im actually hoping to buy a used 08 or 09 Outback XT or a Legacy Gt Sedan in like 5 years, be cheap to pick up and hopefully easy to find in decent shape, but right now I think Ill be driving this into the ground

I'm most likely going to buy an economical/fuel efficient commuter car, such as a civic/accord, and let the LGT become my weekend project car.

OR . . . possibly in 3-4 years I'll trade the LGT in on a ~6K used commuter car and down payment on an Evo 10 MR for a weekend toy.

one of Caterham 7 kit car, one that has a windscreen, and a soft top

i love the way this car looks, and was once owned by lotus. and its fast - it was on Top Gear, i liked it a few years ago before top gear reviewed it

its a love/hate type of car

csr_main000.jpg.054651b63f34ac85ff7a8157dadd2fec.jpg

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

wife wants new forester and i need a truck to tow the toys

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

If no one gives me a good offer on my car, I'll keep it until it blows up (which I hope will never happen), or get a 335xi for Jersey weather. If not, I've also been considering the new M3 once it trickles down in price, but my father has a 2006 M5 sitting in the garage with 6000k miles on it so it's somewhat pointless since I have the privilege of driving it whenever. Also the other two cars (even though one violates the rules) I have been fond of are the 06/07 STi's or a white C6 Corvette. I'd like to have something with a turbo for sure though... more to play around with ;)

Since I like to have AWD in a normal wagon car the choices are few, and Audi (or DKW as I like to call them) doesn't attract me when it comes to driving feeling it's not getting easy.

The AWD of Volvo isn't to my liking, and Ford or GM is out of the equation already from the beginning.

I haven't tried the Suzuki Grand Vitara or the SX4, but they can be a possibility.

453747.png

for me, it would be either

Audi A4 Advant - probably no money for S4 or higher models

BMW 3 series Touring or 5 series sedan - i wouldn't really consider 5 series wagon unless its a M5 touring wagon...

Honda Accord Euro R Wagon (previous Gen)

Lexus IS250 is not a bad choice either

and that's about it for now....since i would consider practicality then whether FWD or AWD or RWD if the JDM Legacy 2010 wagon goes crap.

So many ugly cars out there right now, it hard to decide. I plan on keeping my 05GT wagon 106,800 miles until it dies.

I've been a Honda guy since the early 80's, just wish they'd make a AWD Accord Coupe. Don't like the newer Acura's, ugly.

I may go with a used Audi, thought I'd never say that...my buddy's S8 is pretty nice. He bought it used with low miles.

Can't really see myself on a SUV. I've been watching the local ad's for Suzuki's, less money, and may hold me over if I really needed something in a hurry.

Some of the newer Ford's and Chevy's are looking nice, just not sure about reliability.

Glad I don't need to purchase a car right now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you count the loyale (pre legacy) I have had 6 Legacies and unfortunately unless they make another wagon GT with 5mt I am going back to BMW or audi. Older M 5, S4/RS 4 avant , 540 wagon are some of my top choices. If they made the Forester XTI I would consider it.

I'll be buying one of these kits....

http://www.factoryfive.com/coupehome.html

http://www.factoryfive.com/photogalleries/champcoupe/B.jpg

I've had enough of buying new cars already (it only took one). From now on I'll be building my "new" cars. (The EJ22T block sitting in my garage is either destined towards my Spec, when its time to refresh it, or towards an '05 GT MT Wagon)

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I seem to remember the Legacy crowd being very adamant about the design sucking, back in 2004 when the new spyshots came out.

And now it's the object of everyone's affections. Could it be that designers know what they're doing, now and then? :D

But I'll play along. If I sold my GT, and had the money to buy one, I'd get a 3-series wagon. Or maybe an A4 Avant if I could ever get past owning a VW product, while they're still in the midst of mediocre reliability on the broader scales. Now, if they improved that over the next few years... it'd be Audi all the way. They look better.

What about chrysler 300 srt8. I briefly looked at these before getting my spec b, ruled them out because I need awd (or at least I think I need it). My uncle had one for about a month and he liked it ( short list of the cars he has owned in the past 15 yrs, 911 turbo, M5, E55 amg, viper, 2008 z06, challenger srt8, currently 2009 c63 amg). No awd and no manual is 2 big negatives in my book. But power (400hp) and looks (imho) are 2 big positives. Lightly used they are mid $20k to low $30k.

I think in a couple years I'll be done with the Legacy, and I'll also be done with the one-car thing.

I've always tried to have a good, reliable modded daily driver that was comfortable to drive and pretty quick and nice handling. But after the Legacy I'll be getting a Toyota Camry and a C5 Corvette non-z06 hatchback.

If you count the loyale (pre legacy) I have had 6 Legacies and unfortunately unless they make another wagon GT with 5mt I am going back to BMW or audi. Older M 5, S4/RS 4 avant , 540 wagon are some of my top choices. If they made the Forester XTI I would consider it.

+1

Wagons FTW!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I will luck out and get the 05 LGT 5mt wagon(wife's car).

She is dreading it but we need something to take a third child seat. She rented a Toyota Sienna and liked it but loves her LGT.

If I can afford it by then, maybe a BMW 328xi, assuming I like 'em as much in 4 or 5 years as I do now. Hard to predict.

Or, if someone starts making a car with plastic/composite body panels, I'll be happy! I miss the dent resistant exterior of my old Saturn SL2! :)

I seem to remember the Legacy crowd being very adamant about the design sucking, back in 2004 when the new spyshots came out.

Have you looked back at the archives? At least as far back as I can see on this board, the attitude seemed very positive. Most complaints were because of lack of features like navigation systems and 6-speed transmissions.

I can definitely say for myself that when the first teaser images of the BL came out, I was sold. I knew I wanted it for my next car. When the pictures of the BM came out, it was more of a "meh" that later grew on me a bit. And all the removed features have disqualified the car entirely for me.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I can definitely say for myself that when the first teaser images of the BL came out, I was sold. I knew I wanted it for my next car. When the pictures of the BM came out, it was more of a "meh" that later grew on me a bit. And all the removed features have disqualified the car entirely for me.

Same here! I was in love with the Audi A4 back then, and when I first saw the 2005 Legacy, I was like "Wow, a car that looks as good as the A4, and one that's more reliable and affordable as well!"

The 2010 looks so bad in comparison. :mad:

Surprised that nobody has mentioned it....BMW 135i - very nice car, just drove one the other day. 335 is just too expensive, but i would like the awd feature.

Archived