LegacyGT.com

Now that you know your next car won't be a new Legacy, what will you buy instead?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you looked back at the archives? At least as far back as I can see on this board, the attitude seemed very positive.

Some of it was. I wouldn't say most, but poTAYto, poTAHto.

I am done with AWD...moving back to Texas means I can get RWD and an LS3 MY08+ Z51 packaged Vette :spin: and a L76 powered G8 GT w/ the sport package for the wife (will have to be slightly used now...)

I am done with AWD...moving back to Texas means I can get RWD and an LS3 MY08+ Z51 packaged Vette :spin: and a L76 powered G8 GT w/ the sport package for the wife (will have to be slightly used now...)

+1 on the Vette. I have been eye balling some of those. I gotta wait a few years though, hopefully gas will not be $10 dollars a gallon by the time I can afford one.

I will luck out and get the 05 LGT 5mt wagon(wife's car).

She is dreading it but we need something to take a third child seat. She rented a Toyota Sienna and liked it but loves her LGT.

Stay away from the Sienna's they're junk. When mine's not in the shop it's eating $1,200 dollar tires every 1.5 years. Go get a Honda and know what it's llike to drive past the dealership.

My next one will be a 60-70's Ford F100, but that will be in addition to the LGT. When I replace the LGT it probably won't be another Subaru. It'll be a Cadillac CTS.

my next car? Well its hard to think about this. I gave it a long look.. because I beleive in moving up with every purchase, better, faster, nicer.. to be honest I feel like i've hit the ceiling in that without substantially raising the cost of the vehicle. I havent driven many of the cars I've looked at but the "racing on paper" makes them all seem about average and without AWD.. even being as fast as they are probably would not throw me back in the seat the same way.

things I've considered regardless of cost:

lexus IS-F (used)

BMW M3 (newest gen but used)

nissan 370Z

I WAS considering the new camaro but GM is govt and uaw owned and therefore as dead to me as AMC.

To be honest from a praticle standpoint another performance type sedan doesn't say much for a relaistic future for me. I need a truck to work on this house and lord knows they're useful even if I manage to move out of this redneck hell I'm stuck in now. So if I had to look at a truck, the only ones left are the toyota tundra and the ford pickups.. F150/250.. the 150 is ugly, the 250 is more truck than I'd ever need. GM again is dead to me as is chrysler... and the new nissan titan will be built in a chrysler plant so its excluded as well.

Theres no easy answer to this question. :(

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Its a couple years off but the short list is-

07/08 S6

A/S5

E60 M5

E90 M3 Sedan

06/07 AM Vantage (if I find I can pay for maintenance LOL)

Kind of a strange jump with the coupes, but with no family yet I might as well own one while I can :)

In a few years I can see myself shopping for a lightly used:

G37X

WRX

VW GTI

Or just keeping my 2.5i as a commuter and getting something silly as a 2nd car:

1st Gen IS300

Hyundai Genesis coupe

'73 Buick Riviera boat tail

...and so on...

Stay away from the Sienna's they're junk. When mine's not in the shop it's eating $1,200 dollar tires every 1.5 years. Go get a Honda and know what it's llike to drive past the dealership.

2 years of no issues with my wife's 2007 XLE Sienna. The tire issue only occurs with the run flat tires standard on the AWD Siennas.

As for me, probably an Infiniti G37xS next year. They're releasing a hard top convertible version this year.

My plan:

-Keep the LGT for a while (with the crisis it lost so much of its value it would be a waste to sell it)

-Buy a house (with a garage!!!!)

-Once I get enough money again, the LGT becomes my winter beater and I'll get myself a second hand RWD coupe (Second hand M3/G37/370Z/other?)

my hopes are they see the legacy sales drop in the new MY so they redesign it to something similar to the 05-09, not neccessarily exactly the same but something similar. if not I still plan to have my Leggy for another 4-5 years so by then hopefully a new body style is out by then that is alot more attractive. If not, I see myself in a Beamer:spin:

When my OBXT is old and tired in 5-8 years, I would like to pick up a used 2008 base Vette w/Z51 package.

Of course I would go for some sort of twin turbo package aiming for around 1000 RWHP and a 9 sec 1/4 mile......:)

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

s2000. lulz.

one of the guys around here has an e85 s2k that put down some ridiculous number, like 760whp (dynojet) and 514ft/lbs. When he bangs it off two-step it sounds like the apocalypse

the S2000 is an amazing car.. despite having amazing HP numbers it still can only manage the torque of a well tuned v8.

Unfortunately.. they do not make the S2000 anymore.. and GM is dead to me so as a daily driver (that is what we're talking about here right?) a vette or an S2000 would not be a good option for me as I'd want used.. but no more than 2 years old.

course.. if they start putting GPS devices, remote shut-down and tracking items in new cars.. I may go cuban style and daily drive my 57 belair. :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

the S2000 is an amazing car.. despite having amazing HP numbers it still can only manage the torque of a well tuned v8.

Unfortunately.. they do not make the S2000 anymore.. and GM is dead to me so as a daily driver (that is what we're talking about here right?) a vette or an S2000 would not be a good option for me as I'd want used.. but no more than 2 years old.

course.. if they start putting GPS devices, remote shut-down and tracking items in new cars.. I may go cuban style and daily drive my 57 belair. :p

yeah, I was amazed at the car at first but now that I've gotten used to it, it's not all that surprising. It's more amusing than anything else, since his fastest time with it is a 10.6, because the thing normally can't hook, and when it does it just breaks axles :lol:

Fairly theoretical, since between the two LGT we are not looking to buy anything new anytime soon.

BMW 535xi wagon would be an option. It's bit of boat and I don't like it being shade tree mechanic unfriendly. It's also expensive, but used would be ok (albeit hard to find in 6MT form).

In fun car category (assuming the LGTs will remain DDs for years):

Lotus Elise as a fun car

Porsche 997 turbo if things go well

2008+ STI... :eek: After seeing the new Legacy barge, I am capitulating and I could accept the looks of it. But it's too small for family duty, and not anymore fun than LGT wagon (same car just uglier and smaller)

BMW 535xi wagon would be an option. It's bit of boat and I don't like it being shade tree mechanic unfriendly. It's also expensive, but used would be ok (albeit hard to find in 6MT form).

The 535xi wagon is sadly the only choice left for me other than an 09 WRX 5-door, which I'm not allowed to talk about in this thread. :lol:

Archived