LegacyGT.com

Now that you know your next car won't be a new Legacy, what will you buy instead?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably an 2009 G37x Sedan with Premium package. I just checked inventory and there's at least 70 of those cars on the lots of each and every Infiniti dealer in my state. Seems like they're going to need some ridiculous incentives to move those vehicles at the end of the year.

Ugly? No. Much more futuristic and original than the Legry IMO. AND its loaded with all the features I expect in a mid level sedan. AND 300+ HP. AND AWD.

Sleek:

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2009_acura_tl_sh_awd.jpg

Bulbous:

http://theattack.rallysportdirect.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2010-subaru-legacy-top.jpg

I'm sure this won't be a surprise to some folks here, but I hate that stupid front wheel well arch on the Acura TL! :lol: It really interferes with the lines of the car, just as on the new Legacy. I also hate the ugly grille on the new Acuras.

Back to American Muscle...either the new Camaro V8 or a mustang GT 500.......if theyre still in business!

Tired of turbo maintenance schedule (plugs every 30K) and that horrible LAG.

Besides I kinda feel like I need to support the home team, especially if they are building something decent.

I'll be in the market for an audi rs4 wagon when I set my wagon aside for some 6speed fun

Moving to Europe soon?

My thought was to keep this car as a DD as long as I possibly can and get a summer/weekend car in a few years. Im going to be in college in september so depending on what job I get in the automotive field in 2yrs will depend this. I was thinking of getting an S2000 and turboing it but the new camaro looks very promising with it's performance at 30K. So yeah im into the LGT for long term purposes.:)

Ugly? No. Much more futuristic and original than the Legry IMO. AND its loaded with all the features I expect in a mid level sedan. AND 300+ HP. AND AWD.

Among the automotive press, the Acura TL is almost universally derided as having been beaten with the ugly stick. I wholeheartedly concur. However, your comment is further proof that beauty is truly in the eye of the beer holder, I mean, beholder. :lol:

I also hate the ugly grille on the new Acuras.

Yeah, I like (and have owned several) Acuras, but I always picture a giant block of cheese in front of the new Acuras and a thin slice behind.

Among the automotive press, the Acura TL is almost universally derided as having been beaten with the ugly stick. I wholeheartedly concur. However, your comment is further proof that beauty is truly in the eye of the beer holder, I mean, beholder. :lol:

One guy says something and everyone jumps on his wagon. Why is everyone so hard on that TL? To me, it looks "high tech" and no uglier than any other new car. Plus, its loaded with the things a mid level sedal should have.

The new legacy already looks dated like the camrys on the road.

mine are the new bmw 135, maybe an sti, or even the new camaro z28 rs/ss (i just love the look, but they are really heavy, so i dont know)

Yeah you are correct with the weight but the styleing plus the awsome performance out of both the rs and ss is very good. The rs's v6 makes 304 hp and the ss makes 426hp. Like I said before with the SS at 30K it makes it very taunting. The new gt500 looks absolutely gorgeous though as I constantly reopen my motor trend and stare :lol:. Now thats a dream car for me!

once you go to an F-Body you will look at cars in a completely differant way, I went from a 98 SS to a 98 LGT and it took ALOT of getting used to for switching to a car that had 1/2 the power the camaro did, but the sound of the V8 is pure love!

once you go to an F-Body you will look at cars in a completely differant way, I went from a 98 SS to a 98 LGT and it took ALOT of getting used to for switching to a car that had 1/2 the power the camaro did, but the sound of the V8 is pure love!

Same here...

Audi twin turbo 2.7T with an exhaust, the vrrrrmmmmmm was PUUUURE LOVE!!!

I do like the ramble from the boxer too, but it's just not the same...

:spin::spin::spin:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived