LegacyGT.com

Now that you know your next car won't be a new Legacy, what will you buy instead?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One guy says something and everyone jumps on his wagon. Why is everyone so hard on that TL? To me, it looks "high tech" and no uglier than any other new car. Plus, its loaded with the things a mid level sedal should have.

The new legacy already looks dated like the camrys on the road.

I didn't jump on any bandwagon. I looked at pictures of the new TL, immediately recoiled in horror, and then subsequently read in several automotive publications that it was beat with an ugly stick. My initial impressions have since been reinforced by aesthetic trauma inflicted on my retinas by each subsequent in-person TL sighting. :eek:

I didn't jump on any bandwagon. I looked at pictures of the new TL, immediately recoiled in horror, and then subsequently read in several automotive publications that it was beat with an ugly stick. My initial impressions have since been reinforced by aesthetic trauma inflicted on my retinas by each subsequent in-person TL sighting. :eek:

wow.. we agree on something.

I think the new TL looks like a chipmunk from the front.. and a smiling imbecile from the rear.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

maybe YOU'RE not as crazy as we thought. ;)

just givin ya a hard time.

I'm only partially insane. :lol:

srsly tho I really dont know what acura was thinking.. maybe the designer was watching alvin and the chipmunks with their kids and came up with the buck-toothed moron design for the front and rear clips on the TL.

I'm impressed by the powertrain but severely disappointed by the exterior. Unfortunately it seems.. most every new car is getting ugly.. My next new "car" may be a truck.. I need one anyway.. but I hate to go back to driving a 18' long 8' tall vehicle that egts 14mpg..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Nothing? I'm not planning on selling, uhm, ever.

Maybe an early-mid 60s Lincoln Continental convertable (suicide doors FTW), but that's not a replacement. It is, however, awesome.

Nothing? I'm not planning on selling, uhm, ever.

Maybe an early-mid 60s Lincoln Continental convertable (suicide doors FTW), but that's not a replacement. It is, however, awesome.

I've always been a fan of the suicide-door Continentals, both hardtop and convertibles. :wub: I also have similar thoughts about keeping my LGT wagon for a long time. My only concern is if it's totaled somehow, there's no replacement new car available. 09 WRX 5-door would be the closest thing, but it's down quite a bit in cargo capacity, although comparable in passenger volume, when compared to the LGT wagon.

Might get a 300c, white with the cream color interior. V6 or V8, doesn't matter.

Funny how you want a Chrysler and your name is nochance

Because if you wait too long.... You'll have

car for sale. PM me!

A lot of you guys are going new.

I'm thinking old is the way to go. 300ZX. Two bigger turbos and all the supporting mods, and the power still crushes damn near everything after all these years.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'd like pre-owned but "old" defeats the purpose of even replacing the car. IE failures.. thats really the only reason I'd consider replacing it right now is if reliability became an issue.. unexpected repair bills can be quite a pita.

of course.. this takes into account that my car is a DD. I have an "old" car for my hobby money to go to (yea right like I have spare money! :lol:)

+1. I hate it when you cant find a car that is used and stock. Not that I dont want mods.. I just dont want YOUR mods.. (that is anyone but my own.) if for nothing else because I dont trust someone else's work.

+1. I hate it when you cant find a car that is used and stock. Not that I dont want mods.. I just dont want YOUR mods.. (that is anyone but my own.) if for nothing else because I dont trust someone else's work.

+2.

Unless the mods are done very well and with parts other than some cheap knock offs at PEP Boys or Advance Auto parts, I'd pay the extra K for the mods as well. Not to mention you do not know if the engine was broken in properly, how hard they rode the drive train or differential, or how many times they crashed the car. Not all crashes or repairs are reporting to Carfax.com.

But this is a pipe dream since properly modded '06 - 07 WRX STI would usually not be found "for sale" or "for sale...cheap!"

I love my 08 GT and plan to keep it for quite some time, but one thing for sure is that I will never buy the 2010 style Legacy unless they really really change the styling. That thing is a monstrosity along the lines of a Saturn Aura / Toyota Camry mixture. If I were to buy another car, it will most likely be a Forester XT, but only if they put a 5 spd auto transmission haha.

Archived