LegacyGT.com

2.5 GT vs 3.0R

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have been toying with the idea of a twin turbo, big inch small block for my 55. i've got it all laid out in my head, put the turbos behind the grille on either side of the radiator with conical filters on each, custom fab a Y shaped inlet. oh yes. :D

but my plan is a 6-71 blown small block, blower poking though the hood, big drag radial out back, untubbed with just a spring relocation and a 4 or 5 speed manual and a projection system that retains the carb look. street car stuff ;) it always has and always will be a street car. it's nothing to see a rowdy car on the track, but pull up next to a roots blown 55 chevy with fat meats out back at a light and you're probably not going to mess with it.

Sounds awesome, the 496 i told you about is driven on the street and runs on 93. But thsoe guys are crazy he runs with a 1500hp wagon and a 1900hp thundebird, all are 93 octane cars and all are driven on the street

haha, i have strong will power (and will have overwhelming debt) as a deterrent

That's what I said too. A year later I'm Stage 2 and next week I'm looking at dropping another solid grand into a transmission mod.

+1 for the 3.0R

Because you just compared a stock 300hp vq engine which are already known for weaker trq numbers and a bad powerband

Bad powerband? Would you mind elaborating? I'm not disagreeing with you, I just wasn't aware of such an issue.

it takes a special breed to run 1000hp+ on the street. until you experience it, you can't describe the insanity. i've never driven a car with that kind of power, but i have been a passenger. i think "Ridiculous" best describes it.

personally, i'd rather have half the power and have it useable on the street. who hasn't seen big hp cars get beat by lower hp cars that could put the power down? big hp numbers are great, but totally impractical.

still awesome to see those numbers pop up on a dyno. :D

Well the thunderbird put 1732whp down and its known as the fastest street car around here. He went a 8 flat but had to detune the car to 1300rwhp because its still a stock suspension car(meaning it has upgraded suspension but its still stock style) and you have to run drag radials not slicks to be in that class.

I would agree i dont need near 2khp lol. I liked my 550whp cars but i still wanted a little more, id say 700-800whp is what i would want in my dream street car

Fishbone, what i meant by that is the 350z doesnt hit peak trq until 5krpms.

Well the thunderbird put 1732whp down and its known as the fastest street car around here. He went a 8 flat but had to detune the car to 1300rwhp because its still a stock suspension car(meaning it has upgraded suspension but its still stock style) and you have to run drag radials not slicks to be in that class.

Fishbone, what i meant by that is the 350z doesnt hit peak trq until 5krpms.

800whp is a lot of whp...

I've driven 600whp DD STi's, and they are just mind bendingly quick.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have owned 2 600hp cars and like i said i would have liked more.

That's awesome. I'd like to own something 600 to 700 whp that's RWD. A Supra or something. It just looks like a lot of fun.

High power AWD is a total blast. Actually being able to take advantage of that power off-the-line is awesome.

OP - Congrats on the 3.0R. I'm sure you'll love it!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Im pointing out a fact that is plain to see which is indeed that that car rolls more than a 17 year old in san deigo 1996. The fact that it has all those mods is actually making your case look worse... I understand different engines are for different people no problem with that. But dont even try to justify defending the 3.0 as a performance competitor for the 2.5gt. Maybe im retarded but I was under the impression that every auto trans has a torque converter. We can argue all day but Im still correct when I say that car in the vid had excessive body roll, and terrible acceleration... P.S How could you come on legacy gt and call a honda accord the "Ultimate sleeper" How could it even get on the podium for that title. Legacy Gt 1. nobody has them 2. nobody knows what they are 3. they are very low profile. 4. THEY ARE FAST AS SHIT. No hard feelings buddy I was under the impression this was all good fun didnt realize you were getting heated...

I had a 2006 Accord V6 6MT sedan, which was very nearly as fast as the Spec.B I own now, and just as much of a sleeper (if not more) with no hood scoop.

If you've driven both cars for any length of time, feel free to add to the conversation. Or just keep conversing, either way, it's all good.

Im pointing out a fact that is plain to see which is indeed that that car rolls more than a 17 year old in san deigo 1996. The fact that it has all those mods is actually making your case look worse... I understand different engines are for different people no problem with that. But dont even try to justify defending the 3.0 as a performance competitor for the 2.5gt. Maybe im retarded but I was under the impression that every auto trans has a torque converter. We can argue all day but Im still correct when I say that car in the vid had excessive body roll, and terrible acceleration... P.S How could you come on legacy gt and call a honda accord the "Ultimate sleeper" How could it even get on the podium for that title. Legacy Gt 1. nobody has them 2. nobody knows what they are 3. they are very low profile. 4. THEY ARE FAST AS SHIT. No hard feelings buddy I was under the impression this was all good fun didnt realize you were getting heated...
No hard feelings: you're 21 and I should know better than to disagree. :lol:

Outback with stock suspension compared to LGT.

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/440481548_Fjz42-L.jpg

Outback with MR coilovers compared to LGT.

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/495629785_UQE9V-L.jpg

MR coilover front spring rate: 6KG. Rear spring rate: 8KG. Stock LGT spring rates: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20198

Find the sleeper in this picture:

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/426041865_MV5Bj-L.jpg

The best Subaru not sold in America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfqw9Fktp-U]YouTube - Fifth Gear - Volvo V50 T5 v Subaru Legacy Sports Tourer[/ame]

Who Dares Wins

スバル

put in an order for the 3.0 limited! not sure if i am going to be able to find one around or if it is going to be factory order...anyway I can't wait!!!

Thanks everyone!

Awesome - you'll enjoy it. It's a great car for those of us who enjoy stock.

Archived