LegacyGT.com

2.5 GT vs 3.0R

how many times do we have to go over this... Spec b ≠ 3.0 ≠ 2.5i, etc etc... Different cars for different purposes and people..... If we all needed the same things there would only be one car to choose from!!!!!

You picked the spec, i picked the 3.0 because we picked what was good for us.

Word !!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how many times do we have to go over this... spec b ≠ 3.0 ≠ 2.5i, etc etc... different cars for different purposes and people..... if we all needed the same things there would only be one car to choose from!!!!!

you picked the spec, i picked the 3.0 because we picked what was good for us.

great points. i couldnt agree more.

I can't help but think I would have gotten an H6 Outback if only it were available with a Manual. I don't think the OBXT will disappoint.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I wouldn't purchase a 5MT 3.0R. Only a 6MT. That motor doesn't have the low-end grunt to take advantage of the longer gear ratios of the 5MT vs. the 6MT, nor do I think it's really that type of car (one to be raced, rather than more of a GT car).

Funny how much difference an engine can make to the character of a car.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have driven them all. My personal issue with 3L and 2.5T 5eat is the transmission. Bleech, Subaru cannot make a great automatic but thankfully I like driving manual transmissions.//
Yup, the manual is a lot more fun. The 3.0R SpecB Legacy wagon is the best car Subaru doesn't sell here. There are rumors the 2010 will be available with the 3.6 and 6 speed here: we'll see. No STi 320 or 380S, though, I hear.

Wow I would be running laps around you in my spec b. That thing has more body roll than my 06 expidition had. Dude it took you like 4.5 seconds to get out of 1st gear. This is nothing but a commercial for NOT getting a 3.0 lol. Really man 2 honda accords? Why would you even want one?
That car has MR coilovers, Einstein. It also has a torque converter and a 7K redline. By all means post up your autox vids.

The Accord V6s are company cars, like the OBW. Theyre the best sleepers on the planet.

I'm sure your SpecB is teh fastest though, because that's what every teenager thinks. Be thankful mommy and daddy are so nice to you.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Because you just compared a stock 300hp vq engine which are already known for weaker trq numbers and a bad powerband to a obviously modded gsx if its making 350hp that is. A gsx making 350hp is making 350trq if not more and a stock 300hp 350z makes 270trq, thats atleast an 80trq difference which is very noticable and you would obviously feel a stronger pull in the gsx, not to mention the gsx is a 3000-3100lbs car and the 350z track edition is 3400lbs. But a N/A car making the same hp and 350trq compared to a turbo car making 350trq and both weighing the same would feel simular once the turbo is spooled.

Comparing the feel of the 3.0r to the 2.5 turbo is dumb too, the 3.0r may make the same hp but its lacks in peak trq which is why the turbo feels soo much stronger.

When my T/A and Supra were both making around 350whp and 360wtrq and both weighed about 3600lbs i did alot alot of testing between the two cars and on a roll they were pretty much identical

Yeah, same logic applies to a 3.0R and a 2.5XT, 2.5XT engines makes more torque and thus the driver "feels" a stronger pull. Although when compared side to side a stock 3.0R is not much slower than a 2.5XT.

And my 1990 Eclipse had 240K miles on original engine and the drag of AWD when I compared it to a brand spanking new (8K miles) 350Z 6MT, I expected more from 300 horses obviously.

Although the 350Z may not be any slower than my GSX if going flat out but my point is that the stronger sense of turbo torque delivery is the difference, not actual acceleration.

Although the 350Z may not be any slower than my GSX if going flat out but my point is that the stronger sense of turbo torque delivery is the difference, not actual acceleration.

Clearly you have never driven anything powered by a new-generation LSV8

^except for an 80's merc turbo diesel. ;)

Agreed. It seems that 80% of the W123 series turbodiesels ever made are still blowing clouds of black smoke ("squiding") or wafting the smell of used veggie oil in the faces of those unfortunate enough to be behind one. :lol:

Clearly you have never driven anything powered by a new-generation LSV8

Nope, not the LS, but I drove a LT1 Z28 before and yes it pulled harder than a Boeing 747 at take off.

But my GSX takes over as speed builds;)....eventually

Right but you just said that turbo cars with the same hp would pull harder just because there turbo. Which is wrong, thats all i was saying

My point was turbo car of similar HP "feels" faster than a N/A car because of the torque rush.

So we are on the same page here.:)

i would say go for the 3.0R if you plan on leaving it stock. maintenance is cheaper. i prefer the 2.5 turbo myself, but I like the turbo feel and it's easy to wring a few more ponies out of a turbo motor, even if it's just enough to put you in front of the stockers.

i would say go for the 3.0R if you plan on leaving it stock. maintenance is cheaper. i prefer the 2.5 turbo myself, but I like the turbo feel and it's easy to wring a few more ponies out of a turbo motor, even if it's just enough to put you in front of the stockers.

How is a 3R cheaper for maintenance besides the less frequent oil changes?

Nope, not the LS, but I drove a LT1 Z28 before and yes it pulled harder than a Boeing 747 at take off.

I owned lt1 and ls1 cars. The lt1 has nothing in powerband compared to the ls1. Even stock, but after i put a cam, heads and a intake manifold on the ls1 it would breath all the way up to 7400rpms.

So then that "turbo" torque advantage doesn't hold then, right? The LT1 Camaro actually, quite likely, made LESS horsepower than your GSX.

I owned lt1 and ls1 cars. The lt1 has nothing in powerband compared to the ls1. Even stock, but after i put a cam, heads and a intake manifold on the ls1 it would breath all the way up to 7400rpms.

My buddy has an LS2 GTO. Silly torque.

Archived