LegacyGT.com

Dealer tech takes my car on a 'test drive', at WOT... And I have video evidence...

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn, thats terrible, but great that you got it on video. i feel like my dealer abused my car when i brought it in once (i was even sitting there waiting while they took it out for about 25-30min "road test") when it was making some odd noises, which when i first got the car didnt realize were perfectly normal for a turbo vehicle (wastegate flutter). they claimed they needed that long to diagnose the problem of: "thats what happens when a new intake is finally fully broken in" ....like there is a break in period for the SPT intake.

anyway....havent brought the car back there since. found a reliable independent shop.

let us know how it turns out.

I would also like to see this video. I looked at your youtube videos a month or so and remember the one with the dealer tech going through all of your stuff. It's really sad that you pay through the a$$ for dealer maintenance and you get your car thrashed on in return. Why are they so dishonest? Simply out to make a buck.

I still say you should get some supertones. It will help with all of the people cutting you off.

+1 videos or it didn't happen :icon_mrgr

Reminds me of a story about 2 idiots up here in Bellevue, Wa

They used to work for the Lexus dealership in town, until they decided to take one of the cars that was just delivered for a customer for a test drive.

Ended up doing donuts, donuts and more donuts...........in the parking lot right next to the Washington State Patrol office, imagine how that one ended....

Damn...now I'm afraid to take my car in anywhere. I generally just check the mileage before and after bringing it in but that wouldn't show in spot revs or peeling around the parking lot. Let us know what happens! Maybe I should set up a dash cam too...

What do you think the tech meant by; "I'm going to have to give it some, a little something special, a little B&M Special." (Then as he accelerates around the corner he has to slow down for an oncoming car).

B&M? Like whips and chains and stuff? :eek:

I'm sure he meant hard shifting/clutch use... At least I hope. :lol:

Just called and had a word with the manager there. He didn't ask to see the video but he knows who was driving. I got apologies from him, and he's on his way to talk with the techs now.

It's not like going WOT a few times is going to hurt the car any. My biggest concern right now is the conversation the techs were having about "getting on on it" and "I like to have the window down when I'm getting on a car" etc. Also they discussed how to prevent themselves from being recorded ("Would it look less suspicious if I put the visor down?" "There's no computer in the trunk, so it can't")

So, at the end of the day, looks like stupidity and bad judgement rather than maliciousness. No damage done, so the only thing I asked for if for them to get a talking-to.

Will post the videos tonight.

Man that is terrible. For everyone who is talking about free maintainence and what not, would you actually ever take your car back to that dealership? I know what I would be doing... putting up signs at my work and telling everyone I know to never set foot on that dealership. You would hurt them more by negative publicity that letting them work on your car for free. Next time they will just try to figure out a way to disable the camera...

I've given my car to a dealership with like 22mpg on the tripometer, with like 50 or 100 miles on the trip, and they take it for a test drive, and somehow knock that down to like 13 or 14mpg. I don't know how that's even possible, but the thing HAD to be abused to hell. It was completely stock at the time. The dude commented "yeah, it's pretty quick, but I'm used to STI's and stuff". Jackasses.

Dang, sorry to hear about this. Is is unreasonable to expect that the techs will respect your car - and you for that matter. It pretty sad, but not all that surprising.

So... where is our resident dealership apologist, BlackFang? I'm sure he probably has some dealership slant on this that will help it all make sense to us.

Sorry to hear about this. But it does sound as if you're going a little light on the situation. But I guess it all depends on what the video shows, and we can't really judge any of this until we see it.

If this had happened to me, I'd be all over the GM of that dealer.

Oh - one more thing. Don't leave the DVD at the dealership with them. The last thing you want is those 2 idiots having something tangible to high-five over.
I was gonna say same for showing all his co-workers as well.

Sounds like a free car, to me. :D

That they might have already molestered right off the trailer.

I thought you said your clutch stank? That sounds like tangible damage to me.
They were talking about getting in a few AWD burnouts. When I heard that I automaticly saw this video pop up in my head. [ame=
]
[/ame]

Archived