LegacyGT.com

Bad clutch rattle After ACT

AGR-LGT

FYI-The chattering that I'm referring to is not normal clutch chatter. It's a rattling noise. The car takes off totally smooth with hardly any gas. My wife can drive it without stalling, or slipping too much.

Warren

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Good question - I agree, I feel chatter much more than I hear it.

Wangspeed - that's definitely weird, I have not yet heard anything during decel, nor any strange, non-normal-chatter noises. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

can you guys running the 06 wrx flywheels veryify this is what your 06 wrx fly's looked like, i just had it rotated in prep for my act clutch install, and i want to make sure the guy sold me the correct one... sounds like there is no way around the chatter, and the oem clutch is worthless in my application. Im installing a tsk-3, hopefully it helps. thanks!

P8070079.thumb.jpg.8c145378aca41a63778db4cc79605440.jpg

P8070080.thumb.jpg.fa3200dcb3a1e9921ccc8151edefc06a.jpg

P8070081.thumb.jpg.640f657b10ca71d44de29fd9cdd3ed00.jpg

lots of noise from my spec stg2 and lwfw on decel also

probably gonna go back to the stock fw if my trans ever needs to come out for some reason

Is the stock dual mass FW compatible with a Spec stg2 clutch/pressure plate??

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• 1 month later...

I just installed this yesterday also. I am also experiencing noise.

Now I have two noises at the 2k-3k range. Midpipe area heat shield rattle and this new clutch related rattle?

Anyways, we'll see how it sounds after 500 miles. I do like the feel of the new clutch though. Much better than the stock one. Engagement feels much more linear?, where as the original felt as if there were two engagement points.

The clutch pedal is pretty heavy though, we'll see how I like it when I drive home in traffic tonight.

I also have an ACT HD clutch and 06 wrx flywheel. I have a rattle or chatter when I am in gear and coasting (off the gas). No rattle or chatter when I am on the gas. Everything feels fine though. The clutch has maybe 3k miles on it and I was sure to break it in properly. Anybody else have the same issue?

^ If I'm getting the sound, it's definitely being camouflaged by my cat-back.

I'm honestly not hearing anything abnormal, decel. or otherwise.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have the ACT with the light fly wheel and I can def hear/ feel in cabin. Def on decel and under 2k RPM engine lugs down a it. But I also think I got a bad throw out bearing too. So I am going to throw a new one in soon. Plan to throw on some new rings in. So car will be on jack stand for a while.

Archived