LegacyGT.com

2.5 LGT Header Mod to Fit 2.5i

No no no. What you're doing to your car is definitely more hilarious than his wasted 5 minutes. :lol::lol:

Its people like you:cool:............why bother :p So i guess adding a BOV to sound cool for you LGT guys is different? or maybe adding a catback to sound different isnt close in nature to what Shtbxr22 is doing hmm?? The guy clearly has a some work into a simple idea of which ppl only type about and you clown him ?????? Like at least acknowledge that there is a user that "can be about it" and not just "talk about it" im sure he isnt expecting a cult following for this project but maybe ........respect:redface: idk call me crazy but im sure the first guy to put a BOV VTA on his LGT (knowing that it caused a rich condition and less that optimal operating conditions) got clowned but in the end what did many LGT owners in up doing?????? One day hahaha :lol:;):rolleyes:

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is pretty funny.....the only ones bagging on me are people that already have the sound I am trying to achieve. the only other difference is power really. but I will make it up within a year or so.....cams.....pistons.........75 shot. 'nuff said! I'm not trying to build a monster, and follow the path taken by about 98% of the people. I'm trying to make my own way to a car that I like. that's the great thing about having a car.....FREEDOM!!! and if some asshat with a stock GT tries to show his stuff, i'll crush his nuts and pride into the ground......because I will not have a turbo. :D

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww143/Nwright27/IMG_0009.jpghttp://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww143/Nwright27/?action=view&current=IMG_0009.jpg cleaned it up a bit

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww143/Nwright27/?action=view&current=IMG_0010.jpg Here it is with the two bolt flange chopped off ready for a three bolt

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww143/Nwright27/IMG_0010.jpg

it is pretty funny.....the only ones bagging on me are people that already have the sound I am trying to achieve. the only other difference is power really. but I will make it up within a year or so.....cams.....pistons.........75 shot. 'nuff said! I'm not trying to build a monster, and follow the path taken by about 98% of the people. I'm trying to make my own way to a car that I like. that's the great thing about having a car.....FREEDOM!!! and if some asshat with a stock GT tries to show his stuff, i'll crush his nuts and pride into the ground......because I will not have a turbo. :D

Oh, I've never had the sound as our JDM version comes stock from the factory with EL headers but there is no way in hell I am going to sacrifice power by reverting back to an UEL header just for the rumble. It's just utterly stupid.

one more jab before i'm done though.....your JDM legacy with EL headers sounds like shit!

They let you chime in from China hahahaha Just b/c you have twinscroll stock doesnt mean you have to flaunt it and you can bet if they start shipping legacies with EL many LGT guys will be "wanting the rumble back"

sorry....I was a little fired up. ;) looks good to me. just look at it compared to your stock one. I have to go back to the drawing board, and trash the jig......ho hum. rome wasn't built in a day right? so now I am going to use my car as the jig. I'm gonna have to cut/shorten the pipe with the second cat, and cut a triangle section out of the bottom of the manifold to get my angle right, bolt the flange to the shortened pipe, and fill the gap with some pipe. yay! i'll keep you posted. by the way, after all this hassle "gee", do you want to just buy the EJ20G manifold stock? I don't think I will have the nerve to do this project twice.

No, my only point was to merely prove to you that the ones bagging on you are not only the people that already have the sound you are trying to achieve.

enough said, good luck with your builds.

No, my only point was to merely prove to you that the ones bagging on you are not only the people that already have the sound you are trying to achieve.

enough said, good luck with your builds.

Thank you now was that so difficult to say. We dont want 500 whp but you cant trash an idea of which there is NO evidence good or bad in existence if we dyno and see a 10 whp increase im sure the haters will still hate. It wouldnt be right if they didnt :lol:

sorry....I was a little fired up. ;) looks good to me. just look at it compared to your stock one. I have to go back to the drawing board, and trash the jig......ho hum. rome wasn't built in a day right? so now I am going to use my car as the jig. I'm gonna have to cut/shorten the pipe with the second cat, and cut a triangle section out of the bottom of the manifold to get my angle right, bolt the flange to the shortened pipe, and fill the gap with some pipe. yay! i'll keep you posted. by the way, after all this hassle "gee", do you want to just buy the EJ20G manifold stock? I don't think I will have the nerve to do this project twice.

To start what i did was bolt the EJ255 manifold to your car. Then bolt the three bolt flange to your mid pipe ( this sets the angle so there is no guess work) all you have to do from there is tack the flange where it meets your manifold to hold it in place then unbolt and finish welding it up I saw this trick at a muffler shop I went to, to get a Y pipe made for my grand am years ago the tech didnt know the exact angle so he did that trick i was amazed. Ive got two ( Ej20 and a EJ255) stock manifolds now i think im good dont get scared you just have to do it!

We should invade the gt threads and flame them constantly with stupid comments like " oh you have a stock UEL man that is soo stupid you have to be a tard to run UEL b/c EL is where its at blah blah blah" or " clown all those guys that run BOV VTA b/c we all know it makes a subbie run like crap when not tuned for it" but we dont b/c one why do we care two how lame it is it to search for thread in a different forums only to reply with stipidity and three whatever you want to do to your car is ur bizz its a Subaru enthusiasts site not a make of you for doing something new site

I almost forgot we were on legacy2.5i.com :rolleyes:

Well, you are in the 2.5i section of this forum, so what's your point? Not sure why you LGT owners have come in here to be disrespectful, surely you have something better to do with your time.

legacy_logo_right_search.jpg

where in that picture does it say Legacy GT owners association? anyways, i'm out on the header, sorry. probably trading in the 2.5i in 6-7 months for either an LGT or a WRX, still interested in seeing how your project turns out though.

You should continue. Even though this is not something I'd be willing to tackle, I'd probably just buy a pre-fabbed Borla. DIY projects are fun to do, don't let the naysayers keep you from enjoying modifying your car.

You should continue. Even though this is not something I'd be willing to tackle, I'd probably just buy a pre-fabbed Borla. DIY projects are fun to do, don't let the naysayers keep you from enjoying modifying your car.

YESSSSSSSSSs

Archived