LegacyGT.com

2.5 LGT Header Mod to Fit 2.5i

• Mega Users
Dude, your english is obviously ok. Are you really that insecure about nonsense written in a forum? Don't get your wittle bitty panties in a bunch. Do whatever the hell you want with your car. You're not going to get praise and admiration for wanting to put an exhaust on you car. Thanks for calling me an asshole by the way.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, your english is obviously ok. Are you really that insecure about nonsense written in a forum? Don't get your wittle bitty panties in a bunch. Do whatever the hell you want with your car. You're not going to get praise and admiration for wanting to put an exhaust on you car. Thanks for calling me an asshole by the way.

I know this may not make sense but i seriously thought you was this other guy that has a GRP LGT :eek: that corrects numerous posting :lol:. Dude, i apologize I just saw the red and associated that with some other member. My bad :rolleyes::redface:. Not to mention youre a fellow Virginian nooooo!:lol: But seriously my bad.

Well Id rather not engage in a pointless debate about the rumble and V8's and what you think etc etc. Your opinion is what it is but keep in mind you are on a Subaru enthusiast site were the rumble is a defining aspect of the culture to most and to the ones it isn't they still dont classify the efforts of those impreza or Legacy owners "silly" for bringing out the best in their cars(sound wise). Would you rather your car sound like a YZ 250? I think the rumble is just fine. I also would hate to give that asshole of a poster above anymore "bad English" to critique, so I will end this exchange of words.:rolleyes:;):lol:

Im sure ill get a "warning" again. :eek:

So do u mean subaru drivers w/o having a "boxer rumble" isn't enthusiast?:confused:

U know why subaru engineers choose equal length headers instead of unequal length? tell me :rolleyes:

And one more thing, if ya driving a subie, it will be a subie. You dont have to make it "rumble" to prove to other car's owner. The rumble aint nothing man. I proud of my leggy coz it can corner at 50mph at 25mph spin. I'm proud at the legendary all wheels drive system, the unique boxer engine (I believe only Porsche and Subaru have it)... I mean when u turn on the inigtion, u feel the power of subaru..

"Boxer rumble"... hmmm... fart can... nothing more or less... (sorry!)

Most subaru enthusiasts associate the rumble with a true subaru. of course like you say, no matter what is on it, it will be a subaru. just let us weird guys lose our power, and gain our sound the way we like it! it does lose power, but who gives a damn? the 2.5i isn't a power house to begin with, so obviously our concern isn't with squeezing every tenth of a horsepower out of our cars. I'm sure if you take an empty 2.5i legacy with UEL manifold, and a 2.5i legacy with one avg weight passenger with EL manifold, it'll be pretty close. i'm sure driving skill can overcome the very slight loss in power. so please let us "cult" follower people have our rumble in peace!

P.S.: why does your legacy spin at 25 mph anyway? apparently you have way too much power to be in an N/A leggy part of the forum, or you need to get off the ice. ;)

also tomorrow I should be picking up a turbo exhaust manifold. there are two available @ $25 ea. with uppipe. I know the uppipe is useless, but you could probably sell it on NASIOC. let me know if anyone is interested in getting one by tonight. I'll let you know how the mod goes.

This is easier to understand

Fart can + Turbo = COOL

Fart can + NA = ... :redface:

eh, this is not necessarily true. There is this annoying guy with a civic hatch in my town, hes turbocharged and he has the loudest, most annoying exhaust on his car.

Most subaru enthusiasts associate the rumble with a true subaru. of course like you say, no matter what is on it, it will be a subaru. just let us weird guys lose our power, and gain our sound the way we like it! it does lose power, but who gives a damn? the 2.5i isn't a power house to begin with, so obviously our concern isn't with squeezing every tenth of a horsepower out of our cars. I'm sure if you take an empty 2.5i legacy with UEL manifold, and a 2.5i legacy with one avg weight passenger with EL manifold, it'll be pretty close. i'm sure driving skill can overcome the very slight loss in power. so please let us "cult" follower people have our rumble in peace!

P.S.: why does your legacy spin at 25 mph anyway? apparently you have way too much power to be in an N/A leggy part of the forum, or you need to get off the ice. ;)

I mean the 25mph hair spin (corner)... I can corner at 50mph easily, that's how I like the legacy (my old 07 2.5i couldnt do this, too much body roll)

I understand it will not be a huge power loss especially for an NA but yea you have your point and I do have mine. I trust what Subaru engineers doing, even they screwed up with the 09 impreza Sti design-the way it look but certainly, the car will be more aerodynamic than the old flashy design... Ppl are yelling calling them brainless monkey and then look at the coming up Legacy Sti(the most beautiful car I have ever seen..) I mean Subaru know what they are doing. That's why I mostly keep my car stock :eek:

Most people concern about how their car look, how it sounds while I dont.. Some add rumble and sacrify the power loss. Some add bigger wheels to make the car look better and sacrify the driving comfort, handling ability and mpg loss...;)

Yea once again I didnt say anyone is wrong here. We just have different view :rolleyes:

eh, this is not necessarily true. There is this annoying guy with a civic hatch in my town, hes turbocharged and he has the loudest, most annoying exhaust on his car.

C'mon, we dont count Civic in this forum, do we? :lol:

I think you mean "hair pin", as in hair pin corner? also, I have made my 07 2.5i legacy out handle my comfortability level. I have taken a 30 mph off ramp into an s-curve at 70 mph, and maintained the speed through. not a slip, or squeal from the tires. not too much body roll on mine. ;) what kind of car do you drive now, if I may ask?..... boymk123

I think you mean "hair pin", as in hair pin corner? also, I have made my 07 2.5i legacy out handle my comfortability level. I have taken a 30 mph off ramp into an s-curve at 70 mph, and maintained the speed through. not a slip, or squeal from the tires. not too much body roll on mine. ;) what kind of car do you drive now, if I may ask?..... boymk123

Sure :eek::eek::eek:

it is 2005 leggy 2.5i ltd with drop-in air filter mod haha ...

you went from 07 to 05?

Once you finish your LGT header MOD PLease post pics to silence the hating ass haters from the LGT section :lol: ive seen this mod twice in person on two Impreza's but the rest of the world may want to see it as well. :rolleyes::)

To better show what I was talking about here are a series of pictures to help some of you out:

http://www.geocities.com/moontrian/lgthdr4.jpg

^^^^ Ohk this is where you would weld in a Cat and your two bungs so you would have stock locations for your sensors ( Oh btw this picture is of a LGT header modded and bolted to a Legacy 2.5i )

Then :

http://www.geocities.com/moontrian/lgthdr3.jpg

You would have the LGT two bolt flange cut off and weld on a 3 bolt flange and bolt it to your stock.

There you have it No moving O2 Sensor wires or lame CEL's and you can go back to stock for warranty work or whatever reason you have. Cheap hell yes:

LGT manifold $20-$50 on the net or go to a junk yard and look for a 02 or newer WRX or 05 Newer LGT

Cat $35-$75 shipped from ebay

o2 Bungs $2/per bung

Labor was $50

Most of the stuff was on the low end so less than $100 just find a shop that will do what you ask. :icon_cool

Also that flange didnt mate perfectly flush with the mid pipe if this happens to you simple use two or three gaskets or a donut style gasket or high temp silicone Oh I forgot a three bolt flange is needed may cost $20 for a SS one but a regular one is $9 at NAPA

I am just amazed you would purposely rob the power from your car for sound. This is a totally new level of rice. Might as well get the "fake turbo" device that makes turbo and blow-off sounds as well. Seriously...

And by the way, on a tuned legacy, going from unequal stock headers to EL headers nets 20 plus whp in the midrange and upper end. SO you have cost your car atleast 10 whp, maybe more. THat is like 10% of your cars hp :lol:

:spin:

screw you praedet! it's my car, and i'll do what I want. it really isn't rice. I want SUBARU sound, not Honda/Toyota/Nissan, etc. sound. the power loss will be negligible anyway......so get bent, and enjoy your GT. leave me alone unless you have something helpful to add. by the way, I am making a hybrid out of an EJ20K, and EJ20G manifold I got. also bought the 3-bolt flange today for $2.75. :p

I am just amazed you would purposely rob the power from your car for sound. This is a totally new level of rice. Might as well get the "fake turbo" device that makes turbo and blow-off sounds as well. Seriously...

And by the way, on a tuned legacy, going from unequal stock headers to EL headers nets 20 plus whp in the midrange and upper end. SO you have cost your car atleast 10 whp, maybe more. THat is like 10% of your cars hp :lol:

While I disagree with your statement it is not entirely true actually it is overly FALSE. The LGT stock manifold provides a SHORTER path for exhaust gases to enter the larger diameter section of the exhaust system which then provides for higher velocity flow. THERE are no known dynographs of this mod so you have no numbers to prove your theory you are speaking on numbers and exp. from the RS style header ( the Borla wrap around header) Those do result in a slight (unnoticable) loss in low end hp. Now the El header only promotes a "rice" like sound so you just typed a statement of total wrongness :lol:

Anyway Shtbxr let me know if those pictures help you out Ive got my PnP LGT manifolds still here at my apt. Until the 2.5i UEL header group buy gets off the group we will be in this boat. To that hater eat a solid one

tell ya what just dyno the car and that will let you know about what might be loss power wise.

Yeah def wont ever dyno my 2.5i hahahahaha BUT impreza 2.5i with the same mod have dynoed and the results were a flat tq curve

Actually, there are LOTs of graphs of going from UEL stock to EL on the LGT...

It ALWAYS results in more HP with the EL headers, period...

I guess all those porsche out there with their EL headers on horizontally opposed engines are rice.

You do realize that exhaust runners (part of the headers) are one of the ways to get MORE power out of an exhaust at higher RPMs, right? 4 small circles have a lot more area than 1 large one ;)

By the way, most hondas don't come w/ EL headers stock...

:spin:

Actually, there are LOTs of graphs of going from UEL stock to EL on the LGT...

It ALWAYS results in more HP with the EL headers, period...

I guess all those porsche out there with their EL headers on horizontally opposed engines are rice.

You do realize that exhaust runners (part of the headers) are one of the ways to get MORE power out of an exhaust at higher RPMs, right? 4 small circles have a lot more area than 1 large one ;)

By the way, most hondas don't come w/ EL headers stock...

First you said LGT this is a N/A discussion about a N/A car so you speaking apples to our oranges. Second the reason LGT/WRX cars come from the factory with UEL manifolds is that the TURBO makes up for any loss. Yes there are lots of graphs for LGT going from EL to UEL the most i have ever seen was 19 hp gain which you wont ever get to know you gained with normal driving habits.

Who gives a damn about a honda:confused:? Yes Porsches have EL but again why do we 2.5i guys care:cool:? Why are you referencing LGT dyno graphs to N/A members:eek:? Why do you blow:rolleyes:? And why are you so hell bent on getting any person in this particular thread to see your skewed perception of Subaru sound:iam:? WE ALL know and have discussed the benefits of the stock EL but you have no place in this thread. You clearly must be thinking this is the LGT section b/c when dealing with a N/A car El vs UEL is minimal at best for gains or losses WE ALL KNOW so you can STFU:p

If you must know ( and this is a secret amongst some 2.5i guys and/or girls) We N/A owners( some of us) kinda would like to have that sound that you lucky LGT owners have ohhhhkaaaaayyyy;) Geezzz there you have it now dont go back to the LGT forums and tell them all or we will never live it down.

Nobody cares about your point of view btw so you may be able to save yourself a few minutes of your life by not responding to this post. But this an online forum and what fun would that if you didnt :wub:

screw you praedet! it's my car, and i'll do what I want. it really isn't rice. I want SUBARU sound, not Honda/Toyota/Nissan, etc. sound. the power loss will be negligible anyway......so get bent, and enjoy your GT. leave me alone unless you have something helpful to add. by the way, I am making a hybrid out of an EJ20K, and EJ20G manifold I got. also bought the 3-bolt flange today for $2.75. :p

I envy you that SS flange was $14.99

Archived