LegacyGT.com

2.5 LGT Header Mod to Fit 2.5i

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And also .. I really haven't felt any negatives in power or torque since I got my UELS. The car feels like it can breath now.. although I would like to see what it would be like with a tune

None here i can't wait to get on the dyno but i am planning a tune once i find the definition for our cars :redface:

• 1 month later...
Def this is not a hard mod it is just people have been deterring 2.5i-ers from doing this citing reasons such as: you lose low end power, there are no gains, you suck, you're and ass-hat, your mom, etc :lol: (seriously people give these reasons why you shouldn't try this)

This UEL setup was 5x easier than my first attempt and much cheaper. This cost me:

LGT manifold - $60 shipped

Vibrant 2.25" SS Flange 3 bolt flange: $21

Casper Extension: $37

2 O2 Bungs : $4

Cut/Weld Job: $180

$302.00 Total

My last UEL setup cost over $700 (parts and $350 labor charges)

I have done the trial and error for you and anyone else wanting to venture down this path. in the end the LGT conversion is the best in my honest opinion. The stock manifold converted to UEL and the Borla replica are both lesser in my book.

As far as logic and power go the exhaust gases have a shorter and less restricted path to exit the cylinders (you eliminate one cat and over 3.5 feet of tubing versus the stock 2.5i manifold.)

Also you don't need to add O2 spacers or O2 simulators or tune to keep the CEL away your secondary cat is equally as efficient as the primary and is the exact same spec.

Hind sight is 20/20 and 3 years ago I wish i did this UEL mod instead of the myriad of others. You can't beat the simplicity and functionality of this version of the UEL mod.

Where did you find an LGT Exhaust Manifold for $60 shipped? I have an 06 2.5i. Should I be looking for an LGT Manifold off of an 06-09 LGT or will any work?

Where did you find an LGT Exhaust Manifold for $60 shipped? I have an 06 2.5i. Should I be looking for an LGT Manifold off of an 06-09 LGT or will any work?

To be on the safe side I would look for ANY WRX/STI/LGT turbo manifold 06+. In the past I used a EJ20K manifold and I noticed that the collector portion was slightly different than the 07 manifold, it did not lend itself well to the extension modification to mate to our stock mid-pipes

I found that manifold on NASIOC revived from the dead (like page 8 in the classifieds :lol:) The guy had two sent one to Grimmspeed the other was collecting dust. I was expecting an oil stained, rusted, worn out piece and I got a like new manifold :)

You will not find as man,y if any, on these forums b/c LGT guys typically don't go EL forever like the Impreza guys. There are plenty of stock turbo manifold lying in corners of basements and garages that aren't for sale but the owner would gladly accept and offer ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Would there be less mod work to be done if I got my hands on a stock 06+ LGT exhaust manifold and mated it with the magnaflow CBE? I know that when an LGT CBE is put on an NA it requires an adapter to be fabbed up to account for the small void. Just wondering if using an LGT header and CBE would require less work.

Would there be less mod work to be done if I got my hands on a stock 06+ LGT exhaust manifold and mated it with the magnaflow CBE? I know that when an LGT CBE is put on an NA it requires an adapter to be fabbed up to account for the small void. Just wondering if using an LGT header and CBE would require less work.

So you don't get roped into a expensive fab job:

1. ANY 2005+ LGT CBE will fit any 2005+ Legacy 2.5i

2. There is the same amount of work b/c the CBE mates to the mid-pipe which mates to the manifold

3. The "void" you speak of pertains more to Imprezas (RS/2.5i to WRX/STi)

4. The LGT/WRX/STi all have the same manifold

:)

So you don't get roped into a expensive fab job:

1. ANY 2005+ LGT CBE will fit any 2005+ Legacy 2.5i

2. There is the same amount of work b/c the CBE mates to the mid-pipe which mates to the manifold

3. The "void" you speak of pertains more to Imprezas (RS/2.5i to WRX/STi)

:)

My magnaflow needed an adapter, as the midpipe was too short to reach the cats, and the flange angle was different.

I've read others that other people have posted too?

My magnaflow needed an adapter, as the midpipe was too short to reach the cats, and the flange angle was different.

I've read others that other people have posted too?

Oh yeah that's rights you 2005 guys are the oddball model year :redface:

Yeah if you have a 2005 ONLY 2.5i you will need to follow the same procedure as the Impreza guys do when fitting a WRX exhaust it requires a 4-5 inch piece of tubing and two flanges that have to be clocked to mate to the cat section and the LGT CBE :)

• 2 years later...
what is the best way to make the midpipe mate with an EJ255 manifold? Would it be easier to cut and rotate the exit of the manifold to the proper angle or bend some tubing to meet with the manifold (adding tubing looks like it requires complicated bends). Any tips from prior experiences?

what is the best way to make the midpipe mate with an EJ255 manifold? Would it be easier to cut and rotate the exit of the manifold to the proper angle or bend some tubing to meet with the manifold (adding tubing looks like it requires complicated bends). Any tips from prior experiences?

The best way is this thread :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived