LegacyGT.com

Infamous Tuning Road tunes!

Infamous1

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
shamar... how is your schedule looking this week? I have a fresh shortblock in my car along with a brand new turbo from SOA and I want it tuned once and for all...

Have you broken it all in yet? This weekend is booked, but currently I am available weekday mornings as well.

I am still in Denver...I am picking up the car monday morning at Santa Monica Subaru. SOA replaced the engine, turbo, full tranny service. It was $7800 worth of work and because we recently moved and some of the mantainence records are missing, I had to shell out $2000... cheaper than the $5500 I was quoted for a new engine from a mechanic.

I had a blown ringland, a cracked piston, a piston with a chunk missing, metal in the oil pan, shaft play in the turbo, Frozen Cam... it was hell.

Looking forward to a fresh block. I want to throw a new IC on before my tune. Would you go with a perrin/avo TMIC or should I pick up a FMIC. Your call Shamar...

Damn, that sounds terrible! How many miles did you have on the car? Did you do something you weren't supposed to be doing? ;)

If you can wait for Bryan's (itsme) FMIC kit. I think it should be ready soon. There's a thread for it in the Exhaust/Intake section.

I am still in Denver...I am picking up the car monday morning at Santa Monica Subaru. SOA replaced the engine, turbo, full tranny service. It was $7800 worth of work and because we recently moved and some of the mantainence records are missing, I had to shell out $2000... cheaper than the $5500 I was quoted for a new engine from a mechanic.

I had a blown ringland, a cracked piston, a piston with a chunk missing, metal in the oil pan, shaft play in the turbo, Frozen Cam... it was hell.

Looking forward to a fresh block. I want to throw a new IC on before my tune. Would you go with a perrin/avo TMIC or should I pick up a FMIC. Your call Shamar...

I was actually at the red light with no one in front of me happy as can be and just waiting to open the car up after the tune in then the guy smacked into me. Don't get me wrong it could of been alot worse and I was surprised that his dodge truck bumper had alot more damage then the LGT but I truly did not have one door ding or scratch on my car so Im a lil annoyed even more so when the guy denied that the damage was from his truck the whole thing even though minor overall just is a PIA to deal with.

I was actually at the red light with no one in front of me happy as can be and just waiting to open the car up after the tune in then the guy smacked into me. Don't get me wrong it could of been alot worse and I was surprised that his dodge truck bumper had alot more damage then the LGT but I truly did not have one door ding or scratch on my car so Im a lil annoyed even more so when the guy denied that the damage was from his truck the whole thing even though minor overall just is a PIA to deal with.

That sucks :mad: as I mentioned your car was very clean. I hope you got his information.

Archived