LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed PNP & Coated Exhaust Manifolds

rubberman

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so has anyone gotten dyno numbers to compare stock vs GS parts?

Im currently at stage 2, UP, DP, Perrin TMIC. But Im thinking of adding the Pnp manifolds and v2 COP. I was hoping to find some real world numbers as to what gains to expect.

search this subforum for a post by grimmspeed containing that info. Too lazy to search for ya at the moment

I saw the post about the crossover. But I havent found anything about the crossover and the ported manifolds together. That is what Im wondering about.

Do I need to tune my car after installing the Grimmspeed PNP exhaust manifolds and COP?? Thought of tuning it together with my new VF52 in the later part....

You don't need to have a tune to install the parts, but if you want to take max advantage of them you will need a tune.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Weird.... I have the same noise... I debated trying to make the stock heat shields work, along with the wrap, but now I suspect it's the flex section since others have had that...

I had a fitment problem with my first Grimmspeed crossover, about 1/2" too short and I could hear the flex section cracking as I tightened it up,, the flange had to physically bend to line up, major leaks. So they sent me a new one which fits much better and has no flange leaks at idle....

With the new pipe on, as I slowly roll on to the throttle, I hear what I thought could be described as a VW bus noise until I saw the cricket on crack, that's it exactly... kind of like ticking, but not really... At WOT it's gone, but rolling on the throttle it's noticeable, my pipe is wrapped.

I didn't hear this on the stock pipe, and I don't hear any difference at idle, it's just when rolling on to throttle... the crossover pipe was the only change, I used the GS double thick gaskets..

I put both sides on loosely and the incrementally tightened each so it was uniform. At idle I had no exhaust leaks... With the stock pipe I don't get this cricket on crack/VW bus noise... My car has the stock cans on 3in downpipe so it's pretty quiet, this cricket noise is horrific...

Damn it I want the GS pipe since I ported my manifolds, but the wrong fitting one and now this cricket noise is bumming me out... One thing though, GS customer service has been awesome to this point...

After reading all 9 pages of the NASIOC thread on this I pulled it all apart again last night and then disassembled my old crossover pipe heatshield and "modified" it to work on the Grimmspeed pipe. I still hear the VW bug/cricket on crack, but it's definitely more muffled now. I can live with it at this level for how responsive it is.

• 5 months later...

Archived