LegacyGT.com

Spun out on the highway today..

Or you could take a look at them :lol:

+1

The tire specs were almost gauranteed to have been posted in the list of features right on the car's window when he went to buy it...

My idiot friend totalled his S2000 in the winter one year, but he knew he was riding on summer tires, and often spoke of how the salesman told him not to drive the car if the temp dipped below 5 degrees.

He was / is a very cheap guy and that was his ultimate downfall. Not wanting to fork over the money for winter rubber cost him many thousands in insurance rate hikes.

Did I mention he's an idiot?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just LUV that pic.

And I want everyone to see how not to use chains on a RWD car.

in spec b size, these Michelins are about the cheapest tire you'll find.

Dave

Hey it's a Spec-B he at least needs these, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Michelin&model=Pilot+Alpin+PA3

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

hahaha, nah im actually looking to see if i can find any 17' tires with wheels, if you know of anybody thats selling their stock ones or something that will fit, let me know. If not, maybe ill just buy some 18' winter tires. Either way, something soon!

Why did you post a pic of a weakass stang?

Look at the tires the chains are on...

Front wheels but its a RWD vehicle....WTF that Stang owner is an idiot. He must have done it thin king it would help him steer better? Either way it makes no sense.

I'm no car nut, but the stock poontenzas are HORRIBLE in the snow - borderline dangerous. We got a few inches last night and I was sliding all over the place. I need to get my Blizzaks on but wasn't expecting to do it so soon.

Look at the tires the chains are one...

Front wheels but its a RWD vehicle....WTF that Stang owner is an idiot. He must have done it thin king it would help him steer better? Either way it makes no sense.

Ahh yes i can see it now. Nice, for sec there i thought you just posted a picture of a mustang and i was like WTF does this have to do with anything? lol

Thats mustang drivers for you, they always do shit backwards:spin:

the dealer didn't bother to tell you the spec B has summer tires?

Yeah, they should put something like that in the owners manual!:mad:

oh, wait...:redface:

That being said, Summer tires + early snowfall + empty parking lot = :)

I'm sorry you learned the hard way NEVER to drive on summer rubber in temperatures less than 40 F, especially with water on the road. But it is really funny that you hate your tires; the 050A is among the best in non-track summer rubber available. It's a fantastic tire.

I'd put your problem down to driver error - you must run winter rubber in the winter.

Hope you don't have to replace that tire. Good luck.

I drove last night with summers on and was fine.... i was just going 35-40mph on the highway ... along with a couple other cars... so it's all good... I can't seem to find cheap 18" winters though :-

I'd recommend you get 17's - you can find rims that fit at tirerack.com

haha every single person has to come in and repeat what has been said for 3 pages.

i think the point has been made

it's like Office Space :lol:

Peter: And here's something else; Bob, I have eight different bosses right now.

Bob: I beg your pardon?

Peter: Eight bosses.

Bob: Eight?

Peter: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it.

Archived