LegacyGT.com

Spun out on the highway today..

I'm no car nut, but the stock poontenzas are HORRIBLE in the snow - borderline dangerous. We got a few inches last night and I was sliding all over the place. I need to get my Blizzaks on but wasn't expecting to do it so soon.

RE92's are fine in the snow, just take it easy.

I had them on for the first two winters and never had a problem, and we get alot more than a few inches of snow here ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i run dunlop 3ds in the winter and eagle f1s in the summer, my friend has the eagle f1 all seasons on his nissan sentra spec v and they are a pretty nice tire this will be his first winter with them, but dry and wet so far he likes them alot.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3's in 215-50-R17. Close to Spec B stock tire size. Kick ass in the snow and are still decent on Wet/Dry roads. Put them on rims of your choice(I picked Rota SDR's 17X7.5 in Gunmetal).

And Don't drive on those RE050's in the Winter Again:eek:

/Thread

IMG_0256.thumb.jpg.1fb0c8ef0f622b1141673bc9bf77d2da.jpg

hahaha, nah im actually looking to see if i can find any 17' tires with wheels, if you know of anybody thats selling their stock ones or something that will fit, let me know. If not, maybe ill just buy some 18' winter tires. Either way, something soon!

Just buy some cheap ass 17's and some cheap snows. Hell, you might be able to find them in one package.

You have summers, don't buy all-seasons.

i run dunlop 3ds in the winter and eagle f1s in the summer, my friend has the eagle f1 all seasons on his nissan sentra spec v and they are a pretty nice tire this will be his first winter with them, but dry and wet so far he likes them alot.

The eagle f1s are horrible in the snow. I ran Eagle f1 all seasons for about 3 days in winter like 2 or 3 years ago, and never again. The groves just fill with snow and then they are just like driving on slicks, tell your friend once it snows a good amount his car is gonna suck ass in the snow.

Just buy some cheap ass 17's and some cheap snows. Hell, you might be able to find them in one package.

You have summers, don't buy all-seasons.

Make that good and cheap winter tires. Which actually is possible. Avoid the cheapest Asian ones since they are about as good as summer tires.

453747.png

I think the OP has been abused enough about summer tires/driving style, so I'll say that Bridgestone RE960's are a great tire for me. Lots of performance, and I've never had any problems in the snow... but we might have different snow/ice driving styles. Good luck with everything and glad you're ok!

Archived