LegacyGT.com

7 States in 43 hours with 3 hours of sleep and a new Legacy!

i dont care about the other cars. you have a BAJA.

those things are impossible to find here and cost up the butt. i wanted one just because they're so ridiculous. then mod it to hell. :D

awesome pictures, and bluetape ftw!

Thanks! It's a turbo Baja, too! Very rare. Her mom has a black '05 turbo Baja, and her younger brother has a yellow '03.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a gorgeous car.

Just wanted to ask, why the painters tape? (sorry if it's a n00b question)

To cover up the most rock chip prone areas... There was a guy that covered an entire Audi S4 with it to drive it 3000 miles. Also, DMP on the forums here picked up a Spec B from here in SLC and drove it home with the blue tape as well...

blue tape makes sense that way.

I've never made that kind of trip, up in the northeast, there are so many Subaru's, that the need to go far like that isn't always there. Then again, if you tried that, you could spend 11 hours just on 300 or so miles if you hit traffic in the northeast :p

wow... amazing find... good for you... just goes to show with enough persistance you can get anything you want... glad it went to a subaru lover and a good home... i am jealous... are you going to do a 3m clear bra to further protect subarus fantastic:rolleyes: paint??

i wonder what the value of these will be some day... i know if i was in the right financial position i would pay out the ass to get the right wagon in 5mt with low miles... i can picture your car on speed someday... and now on the block we have an all original 2005 subaru legacy wagon.. we will start the bidding at $100k

Ive blue taped before on a 800 mill trip....blue tape had so much Bug guts, and rock chips, and tar from the trip. Only issue that i encountered was a rock from a 18 wheeler shot me in the windshield and it started webbing on the way back home becuase there was a big temp difference from that day to the evening. *either that or it was the high temp from the day, and the cold temps in the parking garage underground that i parked in. not sure.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/JDMChizad/77/DSC03571.jpg

Looks like it was a "tow behind an RV car", I wonder how many of it's miles were actual driving miles? Looks like you found an awesome deal!

Dude, I think I took alot of the same route you did when I drove from Tucson AZ to Boston MA this Summer.

I recognize the "Biggest cross in the western hemisphere", and I also took a picture of the "Kum & Go" (may have been a different one). And yes, the bible belt is a scary place.

Nice find, let the modding begin!!

Nothing too bad, but there could be some wear and tear. For 1700 miles the car felt brand new, though. It's going to sit in the garage for a couple weeks until I get back from vacation, then it will spend some time at the dealership getting checked out since the drivetrain is still under warranty.

Archived