LegacyGT.com

Legacy with LS1??

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the point of it was......?

ask the guys that did it :lol: im sure they had to produce some kind of justification for putting a $7k motor in there, not to mention the install/ wrench time...

nobody throws a 400 pound engine in there and expects it to be the same, just with MOAR POWAARRR:lol::lol:

quit hatin, they're not ri-tards

I would wait for all of the geniuses here to explain it, but that might take too long :lol:

The problem is finding a transmission that can accommodate AWD, which doesn't exist unless you want to use and exterman transfer case, and the fact that a front axle (no matter which one you choose) will put the front of the LS motor somewhere in the middle of the front bumper.

The LSx series is one of the best engines ever. Extremely reliable and relatively light- LS6 dressed weighs in at just under 500lbs. How much does a 2.5 weigh with enough mods to have 500whp? So add up the weight of the turbo, intercooler, ducting, front axles, etc. I don't think an LS1/T56 swap will be much heavier. Yes, the V8 does sit up higher and will affect handling. To what effect I don't know. You can build LSx motors to 500whp with bolt ons (heads and cam) and drive the snot out of it everyday. You could put 100,000+ miles on a 500whp V8 Subaru. How many of you with high horsepower are still on your first engine at 100k? Why not do this? Wait, I have an LGT. And an LS1 in my basement...

rao the question isn't why did they eliminate the AWD..

the question is why did they do it at all?

woulda made more sense in an S2000 or something thats already RWD.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Darkfox are you kidding? I've owned three LS1 powered cars. Subaru's will be pushed to make 400 hp, they wont be as comfortable and it'll take a ton of cash.

You get a LS1, tune (300.00), intake (150.00), exhaust (750.00) and a cam w/install kit (600.00) and your around 425 rwhp and 400 rwtq. Nothing else really needs to be done to an LS1 motor with that power level. LS1's can easily be streetable with 600 rwhp. The torque alone will make you never look back.

Get a LS2 or LS3 and you'll have the quickest Subaru around.

rao the question isn't why did they eliminate the AWD..

the question is why did they do it at all?

woulda made more sense in an S2000 or something thats already RWD.

What about aesthetics? Are you trying to say the LGT is ugly and no one would want to swap a more powerful motor in it because a S2000 is better looking?

I'm saying its a lot easier to deal with pulling a NA 4cyl and RWD transmission from a car than having to deal with the AWD removal in the LGT.

besides, isn't the S2000 lighter?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Actually the question was why it wasn't AWD.

Why do you care what they did to their car?

Exactly, and it's anything BUT rice. Maybe some have forgotten what rice means. It's non-functional/poser crap. Last I checked, LSx motors are anything but poser.

i am actually interested in this. being a GM guy before hand. they can easily balance the car front to rear with a big posi diff. and balance shafts for V type engine vibration. Looks like theres enough space for it all.

about the RWD issue. there are drag and drift subies that are only RWD and they still handle well on the street and courses.

I think its a sick ultimate sleeper idea. Harmless ol' LGT rolls up next to you then you see the back tires start billowing smoke and a grunt you'd never think of hearing coming from that car haha i'd drive it.

Sleeper :lol: The Legacy GT is already the King of Cars :lol: It is faster than any Porsche, any Lamborghini and any other car out there.

Archived