LegacyGT.com

Legacy with LS1??

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why to do it...

Have you seen the size of a G8 vs a legacy... G8 is a big car... and about 700lbs more.

Bias... really? You don't think the whole engine is hanging in front of the axle like the boxer is. I'd put money that it's better balanced w/ the ls1.

400hp, isn't 400hp like "ass is NOT ass". 400hp in a small displacement 4cyl engine is not as "drivable" as 400hp in an engine that's not really working to make that power. Drive an STi and BMW 335i back to back and tell me power delivery is the same.

The point... because.

<- I've done four engine swaps...

FB Rx7 SBC

FB Rx7 sr20det

'89 toyota truck rb25det

'89 toyota truck ls1

All just because I like the chassis... but not the power plant.

No, I wouldn't do this to my LGT because the AWD is why I got it.

I love it! Would like to do it just to have sitting in the garage. The weight difference alone between the GTO or G8 and the Legacy would put the performance level far above those cars. With a beefy suspension, wheels and tires, a GT8 would be fun! Auto-x would be epic...

Some people might think of this as Sacrilegious. Like i thought it was when they put a nissan engine in a mustang in toyko drift.

True, but I'm the guy that would put an LS1 in a Supra. Just cause I can. What would Japan think of that? And I've seen a twin turbo Supra engine in a 69 Camaro.

Actually I think the Camaro you are referring to has a single turbo 2jz swap and its a 67...but it's just dumb. Out of every swapped car I've ever seen, this one made no sense at all.

You could just as easily put a turbo LSx in it and make way more usable torque and power, instead of waiting 2 Mississippis. All they did was make a 67 Camaro roll racer. lol

Archived