LegacyGT.com

Legacy with LS1??

^^^ yea we put a 125cc in one of those karts made to race circle tracks... where the inside tires arent as wide as the outside tires...no brakes, and we broke the pedal connected to the throttle cable, so we just used a piece of rope tied to the throttle:lol:... it was such a heap of crap, all had for ~$100.. good times, good times...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^ yea we put a 125cc in one of those karts made to race circle tracks... where the inside tires arent as wide as the outside tires...no brakes, and we broke the pedal connected to the throttle cable, so we just used a piece of rope tied to the throttle:lol:... it was such a heap of crap, all had for ~$100.. good times, good times...

yeah I got a buddy who used to race shifter karts... but my next purchase will be a new sled. I sold mine when I started college. This spring with the economy going to shit and people not wanting to hold them all summer I should be able to find a good deal. Im lookin to get one of the newer ski-doo's thats built on the new "Rev" chasis. such a major improvement in design

http://www.akmining.com/snow/rev2a.jpg

http://www.akmining.com/snow/skirev.htm

• 10 months later...

its cool but I cant help but think a legacy w/o AWD is a lot more.. average performance sedan these days yea?

I mean what are they gaining besides potential HP by doing this? (and a drift car..)

the boxer 4 seems to be quite capable of high HP numbers within itself and is able to maintain a functioning AWD system.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Havent read the whole thread, but what was the weight difference between the 2 engines, and how does the subaru like that V-8 sitting up front (handeling wise) seems like there would have to be as much suspension work as engine work. Overall though very cool, This car is any thing but average as posted above? Probably the only one in the world:confused:

I'm not talking about the mechanics of it, I'm talking about the results.

the end result is an ls1 v8 powered rwd 4 door sedan.

isn't that what the g8 already is? Why do this?

I'm not downplaying the engineering by any stretch, but I can't get past the Y variable in this equation.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Why not put an LS1 in it...it has great torque across the revs and you get 400 reliable hp.

I mean different strokes for different folks but if I could afford a E90 M3 I'd be all over it.

I'd have a lot of fun with this though. And once he has the suspension dialed in, this should handle much better than the G8...cool car but too heavy.

but you're taking an AWD car and making it rwd..

you're gaining a small bit of weight, you're gaining a weight bias front to rear, you're gaining the issues that a v or I configuration motor has to deal with in a car not designed for it, and you're gaining power but losing traction.

this car has to be like a drift project or something?

Asking why someone put a chevy small block in any car isn't worth your time. Just know that the chevy small block is a big whore and will find it's way into just about any car it can.

One day you are going to come home from a business trip and walk in on a sbc doing dirty unspeakable things to your car.

:lol::lol: Very well put.

why put a v8 in a subaru, when we can achive v8 power out our 4 cyl? I can understand the ls1 miata, but not in a subaru. it dafeats the purpose of awd. just my opinion

Because it's not reliable?

He can drive that LS1 at 400RWHP and above and literally beat the crap out of it all day every day and even spray N20 through it on a consistent basis and have ZERO problems. daily drive it, drag it, drift it, whatever.

Archived