LegacyGT.com

Legacy with LS1??

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap.... talk about a monster to drive lol.

just searched that thread... they alredy did this to an Evo.. all that power, no traction heh.

and I think they only have it RWD... doesn't look like the fronts are doing much, then again all they are doing is burnouts. could be disabled or not finished.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWW0-gQMWCc]YouTube - LS1-EVO-1[/ame]

why not?

why use an AWD car as a base for a RWD car, there are cars that would probably fit big rear rims/tires better than an LGT since your traction is only going to be at the rear wheels...

i mean its cool, but i think a big HP AWD legacy would be cooler than a big HP RWD legacy...

just my opinion:)

wasn't even thinking when i posted that.

the Legacy/LS1 install is using a T56 tranny.... i'd assume they all are just going the easy route and doing a RWD install. I think Brewer is right, if they were to make the car AWD, it's just explode the front, IF they could find a AWD setup that would fit in the legacy AND mate up to an LS1.

swapping the motor may be a big chore... but swapping the entire drivetrain and adapting it to fit in a car, way too cost prohibitive.

Personaly i'd take a Solstice with a LS2, like what mallett does.

http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

i want to see the finished Legacy/LS1 in motion myself.

wasn't even thinking when i posted that.

the Legacy/LS1 install is using a T56 tranny.... i'd assume they all are just going the easy route and doing a RWD install. I think Brewer is right, if they were to make the car AWD, it's just explode the front, IF they could find a AWD setup that would fit in the legacy AND mate up to an LS1.

swapping the motor may be a big chore... but swapping the entire drivetrain and adapting it to fit in a car, way too cost prohibitive.

oo thats a nice little combo

why use an AWD car as a base for a RWD car, there are cars that would probably fit big rear rims/tires better than an LGT since your traction is only going to be at the rear wheels...

i mean its cool, but i think a big HP AWD legacy would be cooler than a big HP RWD legacy...

ya but Big HP Legacy's blow to drive look at the TQ curve of one next to a V8 ;)

and to answer your questions the reason is the transmission/ front dif (or lack there of)

That is sick!

My guess is this car will go the way of the STi's that tried to do this...no where and expensive.

That is sick!

My guess is this car will go the way of the STi's that tried to do this...no where and expensive.

there is a review of the mallett Solstice V8 somewhere, the thing is a monster. but it handles also.

if that were some joe blow install, i'd bet that thing couldn't do anything but straight. but it's Mallett... so it can handle.

Its rare and that makes it cool but it is kinda a waste. Most people put ls1s in cars that stock are light and can handle crazy like a rx-7 or 240sx. But a legacy is out handled stock vs stock by the ls1 f-bdoys and it also weighs about the same.

i didn't mean he couldn't do some cool things with it. i just mean it sucks that one has to detract the only real good things about the lgt (awd, solid well-balanced turbo-4) to pull off that swap; and that there are so many other platforms lacking in the bay and well off at the corners that could flourish with it.

Archived