LegacyGT.com

Sandwich idea thread

dudeondacouch

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm royally disappointed in myself that I skipped out on this thread when it was just a single page.

I have absolutely NOTHING positive to contribute to this thread, but from what I can gather neither does some other people.

I offer this instead.

http://newyork.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2010/02/20100216torrisi-parm-thumb-500x333-74205.jpg

That reminds me about the tuna fish sandwich with hummus and jalapeño. Gotta try that this week.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'll be damned. The sandwich ideas in this thread are fantastic. Do want.

I threw this out in the last sandwich but another one of my favorite sandwich tricks is to press some grated Parmesan into the butter on the outside of a grilled cheese before grilling. It give it an extra cheesy browned crispiness factor that is awesome. Jalapenos are awesome in a grilled cheese too.

Keep the ideas rolling SneakyFast.

Another thing I like to do to a grilled cheese is cut a hotlink sausage into thirds (long ways) grill it, then stack it with the cheese inside the sammich. The sausages will curl up on you but it's worth the extra effort. nom

Sliders count as sandwiches, right? We did a slider party at my house one time. I grilled up a billion tiny patties, bought a bunch of sweet rolls then we put out a ridiculous amount of sides and condiments. All of the regular sides and condiments plus bacon, avocado, blue cheese, crumbled feta, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, jalapeno poppers, jalapenos, pickles, fresh onion rings, fresh calamari bbq sauces, sriracha, roasted garlic and on and on and on. It was fun as hell. We were stuffed as hell. I think I ate 5 various creations.

Edit: Forgot my favorite, the chipotle peppers. Awesome with the bacon and blue cheese.

I make grilled cheese with provolone, bacon, mayo, and avocado. Gonna try the parm crusting. Sounds incredible.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm going to try a grilled provolone with a sriracha aioli and some sautéed onions. All on honey wheat whole grain bread.

The sweetness of the bread should go nicely with the twang of the aioli and the onions and cheese should really meld. I'd actually make a cheese packet with the onions between the slices.

Hmm....

Mods like sandwiches too! Let's talk breakfast sandwiches. I like doing a single fried egg (runny yolk) with some ham or bacon and melted cheese. Ciabatta or francese roll toasted in the oven to melt the cheese. Pretty standard fare.

• Mega Users
Mini ciabatta baguette with scrambled eggs, bacon, and some potato pancakes covered with melted cheese. Then either put in a sandwich press or slather the outside of the bread with butter and pan fry.

Mods like sandwiches too! Let's talk breakfast sandwiches. I like doing a single fried egg (runny yolk) with some ham or bacon and melted cheese. Ciabatta or francese roll toasted in the oven to melt the cheese. Pretty standard fare.

1. Fry a bunch of bacon

2. Turn the (preferably cast iron) pan down to mediumish

3. Put bacon on a piece of warm buttered toast and cover with cheese

4. Crack an egg and fry over easy in the hot bacon grease (while the cheese melts over your bacon)

5. Add egg on top of cheese and cover with second piece of warm buttered toast

6. Scarf

7. ?????

8. Have heart attack/stroke

:wub:

:lol: lazy bums you can't copy and paste! :spin:

I will try merging posts, do you guys want the ones of just pictures too?

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived