LegacyGT.com

Sandwich idea thread

dudeondacouch

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

I can't stand American cheese. I'd much rather have cheddar or provolone or even Swiss. I did discover some pre-sliced Gruyere at Wegman's. Took a hoagie roll, put on some hots, then some roast beef, then Gruyere on top, then broiled in the oven for a couple of minutes. Delicious! The Gruyere is slightly bitter, which adds an interesting dimension to the sandwich.

I've also been doing that grilled-cheese-with-parmesan trick. Pepper jack in the middle, sourdough, parmesan on the outside, cut diagonally and dipped in tomato soup. :wub:

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • I Donated
I love Jersey Mikes...but I cannot imagine how they make a good Reuben.

I am convinced that it is impossible to make a BAD Reuben. The question is not whether it is good, the question is more whether it is excellent. And a Reuben does not need to be excellent to be delicious.

I am convinced that it is impossible to make a BAD Reuben.

Respectfully disagree.

There is a ton of awful pastrami/corned beef, and the bread can be an issue also. Most reubens also use crappy sauerkraut.

I had a Reuben at the original Reubens on 38th st in NYC. That was an amazing sandwich.

My current fav is this one:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/6e/0f/ad/classic-reuben-and-a.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived