LegacyGT.com

Sandwich idea thread

dudeondacouch

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm squid is delicious in many things, but i dunno about a sandwich :lol:

+1 I love it but I've never put it on a sandwich & I can't imagine why anyone would

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Don't you eat it with Gabbagool? :lol:

:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

I hate "gabbagool" mostly because nobody says that except for on TV shows. Everyone else calls it "capicola" like it's supposed to be called.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

basically, just finishing off what was in the fridge

those are the best kinds of sandwiches. :lol:

Nothin beats the Thanksgiving sandwich on that friday though :lol::lol:

those are the best kinds of sandwiches. :lol:

Nothin beats the Thanksgiving sandwich on that friday though :lol::lol:

indeed, they always tend to come out tasting really good too. and there is still some of that ham left, so i think im going to make another with just ham and dijon :D

indeed, they always tent to come out tasting really good too. and there is still some of that ham left, so i think im going to make another with just ham and dijon :D

alright now you're just makin me hungry :lol:

alright now you're just makin me hungry :lol:

spiral cut honey ham and dijon on potato bread (all we have at the moment besides rye....i dont like rye that much)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6348/img00123jq2.jpg

:lol:

yes, the plate is friggin awesome......had it since i was little

spiral cut honey ham and dijon on potato bread (all we have at the moment besides rye....i dont like rye that much)

:lol:

yes, the plate is friggin awesome......had it since i was little

You lost me at potato bread. I hate potato bread & white bread. I'm all for wheat, rye, pumpernickel, & of course nothin beats a loaf of italian bread IMO :lol::lol:

add cranberry, stuffing (bread with bread?) and gravy (cold and spreadable) with too much helmans/best foods mayo...

I just ate my lunch and am salivating at this...

HELL YEAH!!! I call it the "Thanksgiving sandwich".

Definitely need to put stuffing & cranberry & gravy on it :lol::lol:

You lost me at potato bread. I hate potato bread & white bread. I'm all for wheat, rye, pumpernickel, & of course nothin beats a loaf of italian bread IMO :lol::lol:

its all we have :( if we had wheat or a baguette (preferred) i would have been all over that.....but im not a fan of rye so i had to make due :(

its all we have :( if we had wheat or a baguette (preferred) i would have been all over that.....but im not a fan of rye so i had to make due :(

I feel bad for you :lol:

hmm, off the beaten path...

haven't done it since i was a kid, but:

regular (salted) potato chips on white

smash it down

best with a thick vanilla milkshake.

the other one i get looked @ funny for (and still do to this day) is:

thumann's ham, sliced superthin, coat 1 slice white with hellmann's, arrange 2-3 slices ham, then roll into a cylinder, repeat until not hungry -- i swear it tastes different and 1000x better than the old horizontal ham sammy.

Guest Gitster

The best after thanksgiving mean I make is frying up the left over stuffing in butter and adding eggs to it to make an omelet :lol:

Its not your average stuffing though ;)

The best after thanksgiving mean I make is frying up the left over stuffing in butter and adding eggs to it to make an omelet :lol:

Its not your average stuffing though ;)

is it made of matzoh? :lol::lol::lol:

Hot pastrami sandwich

1/2 pound sliced deli pastrami (each)

2 slices baby swiss (each)

Brown mustard

Rye bread

You need to steam the pastrami, period. Use your rice cooker without the bowl in it. cover the bottom of the steamer with the pastrami, cover with the swiss, steam 5+ minutes, place on lightly toasted rye bread with lots of deli brown mustard on it. Serve with a dill pickle. Heaven on earth. Can't get any simpler (if you don't already have a rice steamer, splurge $40 and get one, You need it.)

Cheese Steak

We have all read and seen this: you need to have rib-eye steak. Rib-eye is another term for prime rib. Yes, it is worth it.

Make one at a time:

Slice a couple onoins, and saute over medium heat till done, but a little crispy still (not carmalized.) Set aside.

Get a small prime rid (or rib eye steaks) cut the ribs off, and freeze it for half an hour. Slice thin on a meat slicer.

Over high heat, cook the meat (sprinkle salt and pepper) for one sandwich. Cover with provolone cheese. Cover with onions. Blend over heat.

Throw into a bun that has a little mayo.

Freakin yum.

(and if you don't have a meat slicer yet, you need one. Splurge $100, and then cut your own sandwich meats and such. It will pay for itself.)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

^the 2 greatest sandwiches on earth, excellent detail in instructions :)

i make the pastrami like a grilled cheese, so no steamer; it steams itself ;) --

go bread,

cheese,

meat,

cheese,

bread,

then a pat of butter in the pan for each side, covered, for a few minutes :)

Sounds great! Got a slicer recently and love it!

Hot pastrami sandwich

1/2 pound sliced deli pastrami (each)

2 slices baby swiss (each)

Brown mustard

Rye bread

You need to steam the pastrami, period. Use your rice cooker without the bowl in it. cover the bottom of the steamer with the pastrami, cover with the swiss, steam 5+ minutes, place on lightly toasted rye bread with lots of deli brown mustard on it. Serve with a dill pickle. Heaven on earth. Can't get any simpler (if you don't already have a rice steamer, splurge $40 and get one, You need it.)

Cheese Steak

We have all read and seen this: you need to have rib-eye steak. Rib-eye is another term for prime rib. Yes, it is worth it.

Make one at a time:

Slice a couple onoins, and saute over medium heat till done, but a little crispy still (not carmalized.) Set aside.

Get a small prime rid (or rib eye steaks) cut the ribs off, and freeze it for half an hour. Slice thin on a meat slicer.

Over high heat, cook the meat (sprinkle salt and pepper) for one sandwich. Cover with provolone cheese. Cover with onions. Blend over heat.

Throw into a bun that has a little mayo.

Freakin yum.

(and if you don't have a meat slicer yet, you need one. Splurge $100, and then cut your own sandwich meats and such. It will pay for itself.)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Archived