LegacyGT.com

Sandwich idea thread

dudeondacouch

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife makes killer hoagies, not 100% sure what she puts in them, but there are a variety of meats. I think it consists of lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, sub oil, roast beef, prosciutto, turkey, pastrami, salami. If she gets fiesty, she'll go Primanti Brothers on its a$$ and throw some fries in the sandwich. This thing is some serious Scooby Doo stuff. This mainly prepared when the Steelers or Pirates game is televised.

Cheddar cheese and strawberry jam. mmmmmmmmmmm

Not bad, but I prefer the English style orange marmalade or apricot jam on my cheddar cheese.

But to make it really tasty - get some cheddar cheese that has been aged for 24 months. What's going for "Extra sharp" in the US is a joke. :mad: Try to get some European versions instead!

453747.png

But to make it really tasty - get some cheddar cheese that has been aged for 24 months. What's going for "Extra sharp" in the US is a joke. :mad: Try to get some European versions instead!

I've never heard of a cheese snob before. :rolleyes::lol:

<-- Lactose intolerant so I couldn't care less either way :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest Gitster

These are from one of my favorite cafes from when I lived in Boston. Red LIght District was my favorite. They are 2 layered club sanwiches, super messy and amazing !

Van Gogh.

Smoked turkey, ham, Swiss cheese, cole slaw, Russian dressing.

Rembrandt.

Pastrami, corned beef, Swiss cheese, cole slaw, Russian dressing.

Tulip

Smoked turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, cole slaw & Russian

dressing.

Windmill

Chicken salad, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes.

Red Light District

Pastrami, smoked turkey, roast beef, cole slaw, Russian dressing.

Going Dutch.

Tuna melt, tomatoes, provolone.

Holland.

Corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Dijon mustard.

Going Dutch.

Tuna melt, tomatoes, provolone.

oh man I love a tuna melt. Haven't ever had one with provolone though. I usually take 1 of the 2 slices of cheese off to minimize the effects of not being able to digest it.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

PhilT's gonna tell us to put Vegimite on our sandwiches next :rolleyes::lol:

who cares what he says he's a foreigner so it's all meaningless anyways :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've never heard of a cheese snob before. :rolleyes::lol:

<-- Lactose intolerant so I couldn't care less either way :lol:

For that there is a remedy, get some Lactrase or similar product that contains the enzyme needed to take care of the lactose.

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20L)/LACTRASE.html

And aged hard cheese in general has a relatively low amount of lactose, so unless you are extremely intolerant it shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe I am a cheese snob! I really like those aged cheeses and other cheeses with strong taste.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/313PFPS3PVL._SL500_AA144_.jpg

If you really want a funny taste sensation have a sandwich with blue mold cheese and drink orange juice to that. It's actually not bad, but it's certainly different!

453747.png

For that there is a remedy, get some Lactrase or similar product that contains the enzyme needed to take care of the lactose.

:lol::lol: thanks for the advice but I'm well aware of those products that contain the necessaru enzymes. I didn't just develop lactose intolerance yesterday ya know :lol::lol:

I'm pretty sensitive to it though so I pretty much avoid dairy at all costs. I have the pills for the occaisions where I do have dairy but in general I just go without it & it doesn't really bother me all that much.

Guest Gitster

Im a cheese snob :)

My friends got me a cheese of the month club package for 6 months this year, really great.

I told my doctor about it and he goes "Are they trying to kill you?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im a cheese snob :)

My friends got me a cheese of the month club package for 6 months this year, really great.

I told my doctor about it and he goes "Are they trying to kill you?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I said that once to someone who invited me to a fondue restaurant (they're my friend & knew I was joking).

I never was a big cheese guy anyways. 1 slice on a sandwich or pizza was just about all I ever ate for cheese

• 3 weeks later...

Archived