LegacyGT.com

Sandwich idea thread

dudeondacouch

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to a Russian Deli a few weeks and had an interesting sandwich

Old Fashioned Ham, Cheese curd, Russian Coleslaw (or just coleslaw to them, slightly pickeled and spicy), on Rye Bread.

It was very odd, but quite tasty

Also something that was pretty good that I (sadly enough) picked up from Rachel Ray was this:

Tex-Mex Cheesesteaks

1. 2 Hass avocados
  2. 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  3. 1/2 teaspoon Coarse salt
  4. 4 hoagie or kaiser rolls, split (toasted if desired)
  5. 1 (12.5 ounce) package thawed frozen steak for cheesesteaks, such as Steak-umm
  6. 2 teaspoons chile powder
  7. 8 ounces pepperjack cheese, shredded
  8. 1 tomato, sliced
  9. Hot pepper sauce, for drizzling (optional) (optional

Cooking directions:

1. Mash the avocados with the lime juice and add salt to taste. Arrange the rolls open on plates and spread the avocado mixture on the roll tops.
  2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook 3 portions of steak over medium-high heat, seasoning lightly with the chili powder, for 1 minute. Flip the meat, sprinkle with some cheese and push off to the side of the pan. Continue adding meat, chili powder and cheese to the skillet until all of the meat is cooked and topped with cheese.
  3. Place a few tomato slices on each roll bottom. Divide the steak among the 4 sandwiches and sprinkle with hot pepper sauce, if using. Set the roll tops into place.

Yield: 4 servings

It's good stuff.

Use my own "meat"...you might say...and it sounds great!

I went to a Russian Deli a few weeks and had an interesting sandwich

Old Fashioned Ham, Cheese curd, Russian Coleslaw (or just coleslaw to them, slightly pickeled and spicy), on Rye Bread.

It was very odd, but quite tasty

Also something that was pretty good that I (sadly enough) picked up from Rachel Ray was this:

Tex-Mex Cheesesteaks

1. 2 Hass avocados
  2. 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  3. 1/2 teaspoon Coarse salt
  4. 4 hoagie or kaiser rolls, split (toasted if desired)
  5. 1 (12.5 ounce) package thawed frozen steak for cheesesteaks, such as Steak-umm
  6. 2 teaspoons chile powder
  7. 8 ounces pepperjack cheese, shredded
  8. 1 tomato, sliced
  9. Hot pepper sauce, for drizzling (optional) (optional

Cooking directions:

1. Mash the avocados with the lime juice and add salt to taste. Arrange the rolls open on plates and spread the avocado mixture on the roll tops.
  2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook 3 portions of steak over medium-high heat, seasoning lightly with the chili powder, for 1 minute. Flip the meat, sprinkle with some cheese and push off to the side of the pan. Continue adding meat, chili powder and cheese to the skillet until all of the meat is cooked and topped with cheese.
  3. Place a few tomato slices on each roll bottom. Divide the steak among the 4 sandwiches and sprinkle with hot pepper sauce, if using. Set the roll tops into place.

Yield: 4 servings

It's good stuff.

Depends is one answer.

Steaks - your favorite place - freeze them for 30+ minutes to firm them up to make it easy to slice thin - works with lots of soft meat, bacon, pork, chichen, etc.

Sausages, salamis, etc last a couple of weeks in the fridge...or freeze.

What types of meats were you considering?

For those with slicers. Where do you get your meat from? How is it stored? My concern would be that my wife and I couldnt consume enough before it would go bad. I'm not sure how long these meats would last.

Oyster po'boy (or shrimp)

Fried oysters, lettuce, tomatoes, spicy mayo (franks hotsauce and helmans)

Pimento Cheese BLT

Home made pimento cheese (cheddar, hotsauce, lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper) and then bacon lettuce tomato on wheat

French Club

ham, turkey, bacon, spinach, swiss grilled served w/ a fried egg and mornay on top

Ham and Fresh veg

Ham, creamcheese, shredded carrots, cucumber, tomato, sprouts, toasted bread

Ruben- need i say more?

Cuban- Pulled pork (seared and braised), pickles, jalapenos, swiss, spicy mustard and mayo

Depends is one answer.

Steaks - your favorite place - freeze them for 30+ minutes to firm them up to make it easy to slice thin - works with lots of soft meat, bacon, pork, chichen, etc.

Sausages, salamis, etc last a couple of weeks in the fridge...or freeze.

What types of meats were you considering?

Steaks shouldnt be an issue, as I've seen them in smaller quantities; plus we can incorporate them into many dishes.

I'm definitely a fan of deli meats, pastrami, roast beef, salami; things of that nature. Usually I see them in huge portions though.

• 4 months later...

mayo, colbyjack, turkey, tomatoes, cole slaw, humus, pesto, and grey poupon on some little whole wheat things. add a couple strips of bacon and it would be perfect.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/664/img6381.jpg

Jack and Cheddar cheese, fresh avocado, mushrooms, sunflour seeds, sprouts, onions and pastrami in pocket bread. Heat it until the cheese melts. Good with a pickle on the side!

Avocado sliced thin with ham sliced thin on toated bread (your choice).

• 3 weeks later...
this one deli I used to go to on lunch hour at work in my old location had this sandwich called the "manny special" which was Chicken Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Bacon and Cheddar Cheese. sounds like a clogger but it was the shit!

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, I get to double post.

I was visiting my brother and he made me this very odd sandwich

He has some small frozen meatballs from costco that were teriyaki flavored.

He got a hot dog bun, threw it in the microwave for 15 seconds

drew a line of sriacha hot sauce on one side of the bun and threw on a sliced piece of swiss cheese (cut to fit the other side of the bun).

Put in as many meatballs that will fit (for these small buns it was typically 4 small meatballs).

Oddly enough it came together perfectly, I have no idea why.

I ended up eating 2 since they aren't very filling

Too lazy to read the entire thread.

But, if you want a sandwich that I personally think is amazing, try this out.

-Two slices of bread, can be toasted, or not. However you prefer.

-Peanut butter on both slices of bread.

-Drizzle honey on top of peanut butter.

-Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the honey.

-Put the two slices of bread together and you're done!

And it tastes amazing!

• 1 month later...

not sure if anyone tried but

french toast sandwich w/ ham, lettuce, thin tomato, slice of american/cheddar cheese, and ketchup

that has gotten me through many of lunches during school. best when eaten when made but does meld together nicely if left for a bit.

what i also do is when reheating it, i would use the george foreman grill to act as a sandwich press and "grill" up the outside bread so it gives it a nice crunch to the sandwich.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived