LegacyGT.com

How often do you rotate your tires?

Yeah directionals just stay on the same side, switch front to rear.

I think 5-7K is pretty good, or say every 2 oil changes. On average. I don't put that many miles on my car anymore, so honestly since I change winter/summer tires, I'll just rotate them when I put the same set on, the next season.

So I'll mark the inside with a tire crayon, and rotate them when I put them back on, basically.

I do mine every 7500 or every other oil change.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I have directionals and have had mine rotetd about every 7-8k miles. They have been making a lot of really bad road noise lately and when I asked the tire shop about it, they said my tires were a bit "cupped" becuase directional tires on our cares are not the best option due to the alignemnt angles/toe in/whatever of the wheels. Is this true or do I have bad tires? It is kind of making a "wha-wha-wha" sound that speeds up with increased speed. Any thoughts,

Kyle

I have directionals and have had mine rotetd about every 7-8k miles. They have been making a lot of really bad road noise lately and when I asked the tire shop about it, they said my tires were a bit "cupped" becuase directional tires on our cares are not the best option due to the alignemnt angles/toe in/whatever of the wheels. Is this true or do I have bad tires? It is kind of making a "wha-wha-wha" sound that speeds up with increased speed. Any thoughts,

Kyle

Mine do the same thing, it sounds like i am driving a truck w/ mudders, and local tire shop said it is due to the directional tires. I'm bailing out on the directional tires when these finally wear out.

some all seasons would serve me better anyway with all of the snow we get.

crank up the tunes!

About every 7k miles, one "summer" season for me, thus they get swapped when they go on in the spring. The winters the same thing, about every 6k.

My RE92s were only swapped front to rear like directionals. Tire wear to 5/32s was extremely even all the way around.

6K-8K seems to be about right. I used to rotate mine(front to back) with every oil change and they started cupping on the edges a little. When left on 6K-8K miles they smoothed out and wear much more evenly now.
Let's kick this pig!

ok... sorta newbie question here, how do I know if I have directional or non directional tires? I actually RTFM and figured out which way to rotate, but then I wasn't sure which type of tires I have.

They are the stockers, RE92's so that should help.

I'm not sure so please someone just answer in a quick single post. I just moved and forgot my flame suit at my old house :)

Directional tires will say on them "outside". So if you put it on the wrong side of the car, the label "outside" will be on the inside. It is pretty clear, just look at the tire. It isn't one of those things written in size -24 font.

thanks guys for the answer. I asked my dad about it and he said they "used to" have an arrow and also said that if you look at the tread you can tell, but this was over the phone so he couldn't help too much.

I'll look for another thread as to which is better.... ;)

I know what I'm doing this afternoon :)

Also if there is an arrow on the sidewall that shows direction, that also is a direction tread tire.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived