Stage 2 = 305 crank hp / 237.7whp

305 x .23 (23%) = 70

305 - 70 = 235

ap-lgt-stage1.gif.329c38cf737a445e4d783b3832a3f286.gif

ap-lgt-stage2.gif.0b1d35b21c5103ee04a02accc2aaa96f.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh my god I cant read that garbage.. THANK YOU admins for not allowing images in signatures! (if you do.. thanks all of my fellow users for not putting images in their signatures!)
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

so I finally read it.. lgt looks cool. I guess the altima is faster than I thought? I dont race people so I wouldn't know..
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

i met erloft. he's an interesting fellow.

and erloft must have botched the launch bigtime. an LGT should be way ahead by third gear, not playing catch up

car for sale. PM me!

ah, but there was no launching involved, just a simple street start, according to Han's cut and paste in post 11.

So we are talking about 2 cars that make similar horsepower and have similar weight.

If they punched it on a roll, of course it'll be somewhat even.

If the Subaru driver launched well and launched hard, he'd have an immediate car or two advantage over the FWD Altima, and likely hold that lead and build on it. If he was driving a Spec B, he'd have an immediate 20 car advantage, as they are really that much more superior to a regular LGT...

ah, but there was no launching involved, just a simple street start, according to Han's cut and paste in post 11.

So we are talking about 2 cars that make similar horsepower and have similar weight.

If the Subaru driver launched well and launched hard, he'd have an immediate car or two advantage over the FWD Altima, and likely hold that lead and build on it. If he was driving a Spec B, he'd have an immediate 20 car advantage, as they are really that much more superior to a regular LGT...

At least 20. Actually he may have made it home before the Nissan made it through the intersection.

You gotta remember turbo lag. driving normal off a light and they putting it to the floor doesn't cater to the LGT very well. It won't go anywhere until over 3k rpm.

This is exactly why most large displacement cars take off on me at a green light, and I take a hundred feet to catch up and match speeds. I am not talking street racing here, just simple normal commuting in town.

I find my car to be a little too raspy and snarly when pushed hard in 1st or 2nd gear, so putting along before the turbo kicks in essentially makes it perform like a very heavy Civic.

Displacement has it's benefits for sure.

I find the same thing.. most n/a cars are geared differently so they take off immediately at similar RPMs in normal casual driving with .5-1 car length, but then their power curve peters out and I wind up reaching my destination speed much sooner than them. I have people try to go around me because of this sometimes, only to get mad and cut back in when I catch up to speed. They get frustrated at me like I'm doint it on purpose..

I find the same thing.. most n/a cars are geared differently so they take off immediately at similar RPMs in normal casual driving with .5-1 car length, but then their power curve peters out and I wind up reaching my destination speed much sooner than them. I have people try to go around me because of this sometimes, only to get mad and cut back in when I catch up to speed. They get frustrated at me like I'm doint it on purpose..

Same thing happens to me. I accelerate very slowly and I hate it when economy cars are flooring it from a light. Once I finally reach some boost I smoothly pass right by them......

If I was driving an economy car I would try and get as high mpg as I could. However most of my encounters are the opposite. Prius's and Civics just flooring it everywhere.

Too bad I still get way worse gas mileage granny driving then them. Yet I still have more fun, so thats all that matters :)

haha, +1 I have the exact same experience!

just this morning some lady in a corolla blew past me then got in front of me and started slamming the brakes a lot.. so I went around her and every time we took off she was right on my butt for about a minute or so while I got up to speed.

i met erloft. he's an interesting fellow.

and erloft must have botched the launch bigtime. an LGT should be way ahead by third gear, not playing catch up

Gee, thanks. An interesting fellow?

Oh, I don't launch the car ever - my clutch doesn't need that much abuse. :)

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hrmmmm

So, someone didn't launch the car and they were caught and started pulling on the Altima in third gear.

Meh... Pretty much a non story and its what I would expect..

Except for the fact the Altima owner seems proud to be able to out accelerate a turbo car from a slow roll.

• 2 months later...

Thread revival, it has happened again oh noes!!!one

Thought some of you might enjoy it, especially since it involves one of our members.

Or maybe I should refrain from linking such material since it involves stuff we don't condone around here?

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/racing-stories/277454-05-ser-v-s-2008-suberu-legacy-gt-2-5-turbo.html

That forum used to be great back in the day, but nowadays it's turning into NASIOC as the price on used VQ Altimas is dropping. Read and weep. FWD grocery getters pulling on C5 Vettes. Awesome.

Archived