LegacyGT.com

Philly Area Legacies?

TheHolyGhost

I'm assuming they don't have an AWD dyno as that's something that's usually advertised. That, and I've heard the name mentioned locally (I used to live about 1/4 mile away from them) but never heard any good or bad reviews. Can anybody reccomend a good, reliable tuner/installer in the Lansdale, Quakertown, Doylestown area?;)

King of Parts aka Fred Beans Subaru in Doylestown does a lot of installs. You'll have to drive a bit to get to the tuners in the area I know of. Precision in Jersey does mainly Subies.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree that u can't go wrong w/ Precision Tuning, but it's in Lakewood NJ. That's a ride. Pricey, but in this case u get what u pay for.

There is no more 'King of Parts'. Understand that name went w/ Tristan's departure. I still use them for my installs/service. Prices are reasonable, and guys are nice to deal with, as is their services Manager, Ed.

Precision Tuning is pretty far or I may use them for installs. I plan to when my clutch needs replacement.

I use my Subbie bucks for installs/service at Beans, so that works well. I get them regularly as always use my Subaru Mastercard. Gets my wife & a total of $1,000 per year. She has an '08 OBXT AT w/ Cobb Accessport. She had a red '05 XT that was also AT, and very fast. It was mine originally, and I did it up as my daily driver. Cobb Stage 2 w/ Cobb Downpipe. My friend took a ride in it with me and was so struck by its power vs. his V6 Passat, that he bought it from me and we did a trade for her '08. I buy Subbies below invoice through their VIP program at work. No negotiating, as its the same price at any dealership. Only difference is the labor on extras. My Spec B had an OEM short throw & rear spoiler from factory, so all I need was a stone guard on the hood. Kennedy transferred my mods from my '05 LGT for a great price. Even took it to Tweater for me to get the sound system and radar removed to install on my Spec B. Tweater removed all for free. Just paid for the install in the new car. Kennedy Subaru was very good to me on that purchase. There is a good installer at Kennedy Subaru which is on Ridge Pike near Don Rosen Porsche/Audi (Reuben is tech's name).

You must not have the factory nav system that makes sure that your trip home takes you twice as long as necessary. What a piece of shit! Ride home took me through downtown Trenton via Broad Street when I put in highways only. I had an aftermarket nav system custom built into the dash on my '05 LGT that was unreal. Even had a backup camera that went on automatically in reverse. Always got me where I was going direct. No CDs to update, all via satellite. Miss that nav system. The factory one is a reject. Shame on Subaru.

I got my car checked for the turbo feed line recall today at A&T in Sellersville. Great people, great service, great place. It's a small place so everyone is really down to Earth and knows what they're doing. I had 0 leaks so it was just install the bracket which took maybe 40 minutes or so and I was done.

Got mine checked at Fred Beans. Same fix. Less than 40 mins.

Is the rumor that I heard true? I heard that a lot of Bean's service writers (or managers, I forget) got canned all in 1 shot.:eek: Or at least a lot of them in the domestic line of cars.

Live in East Falls in Phia. opposite Philly U. Anyone know who has that LGT that flew down East River drive on Monday early afternoon and made a sharp left into a driveway before Midvalle Ave. Pretty fast machine. Would like to see it and show my Spec B. It impressed me. My car's has w/ 347 lb. ft. of torque at wheels @ 3,000 RPMS, but that car was hard keeping up with!

I'll be cruising through and will be around the kop area, if anyones to meet up pm me. I'll be itching to drive around and finish tuning the car, finished everything last night, boost is coming on a lil late and i'm trying to tune out a bit of surge, i'm def glad i went with the 8cm ex housing ont he 20g :)

Archived