LegacyGT.com

Philly Area Legacies?

TheHolyGhost

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been contemplating swapping out my Megan Coilovers for something else. What are you guys running? I would like to try a test drive ( or ride) before committing to something else. Also is anyone interested in buying these off me if I do it?

Oh, and the time is coming up for another Hooters meet again.

Go Phils!!!!!!

I'll have to keep an eye open for you. I live in Perkasie but occasionally make it down that way.:rolleyes:

i rent a garage in hilltown (perkasie address, though) right off of Callowhill rd. whenever i'm up there you can catch me on 113 either heading to the wawa on 313/113 or the home depot right near 309/113.

i rent a garage in hilltown (perkasie address, though) right off of Callowhill rd. whenever i'm up there you can catch me on 113 either heading to the wawa on 313/113 or the home depot right near 309/113.

If you're ever going down 313 toward Quakertown and you go past Blue School Rd, I live right there about 200ft off the highway. I'm on the Bedminster side.:lol:

Live in East Falls, across from Philly U. Hang out at Bella Trattoria. My Spec B is often out front illegally parked. Diamond grey w/ stainless quad exhaust. Spec B is an '08 but have on silver '07 Spec B wheels. Use the '08 rims w/ my snow tires. Car is protuned w/ many mods under the hood. From Cobb downpipe to cat back to larger TMIC to = length headers....

Work at Temple U in Med School.

Live in East Falls, across from Philly U. Hang out at Bella Trattoria. My Spec B is often out front illegally parked. Diamond grey w/ stainless quad exhaust. Spec B is an '08 but have on silver '07 Spec B wheels. Use the '08 rims w/ my snow tires. Car is protuned w/ many mods under the hood. From Cobb downpipe to cat back to larger TMIC to = length headers....

Work at Temple U in Med School.

east falls is a good spot - my bro moved there about 1.5 years ago, im down there pretty often.

wa da tah my damie

hey guys new to the forum just bought my buddies 05LGT. Since he bought it a year ago I wanted it and got a really good deal on it. AP should be here soon and then going stg2 with invidia up and dp. Look forward to metting you guys sure most of you are on tristatetuners too.

brian1 i really want to hear your car since ive never heard a boxer with EL headers and i want to know if I want them or not.

Anyone going to JSC speeds monthly meet on the 11th of Nov?

JSC Speed are a bunch of bleeps. Sold me a Perrin Turbo Inlet in a box with wrong hoses. The box was altered after shipped to them from Perrin. Model and numbers all altered on box by JSC Speed. Cost me $100 in labor, but my tech who did all my other mods w/ no problems gave up as wrong hoses were in with the right turbo inlet hose. He tried everything. Took a fight to get my money back from JSC Speed, & no compensation for my $100 loss. They blamed Perrin. Perrin's owner told me they never write on the boxes or change the labeling. I got screwed by JSC Speed and they took no responsibility. Just blamed Perrin.

Needed to buy new turbo inlet elsewhere and have it re-installed. This one fit. I know now why they say buyer beware.

I'd do a Cobb Downpipe w/ cat vs. Invida. It's the best w/ their accessport. The downpipe is fine by Invida. I went Injen. Be sure it's catless!

If you want a SPT cold air intake w/ heatshield I have one for sale. Not even a year old off my wife's OBXT. She hates the noise. $95 it's yours. Same part as on Legacy GT. Has one on my old '05 LGT. Subaru claims big power gains. Sounds awesome in any case.

You can hear my headers when you come over to buy the SPT intake. No Boxster burble. Turbo spools up faster. 327 lb ft at the wheels at 3,000 RPMs after a Precision Tune on their dyno w/ stock turbo. Nothing like a protune w/ accessport! Costs $450 but worth every cent. Cleo gets out all it's got to give & keps it safe.

They are nice knowledgeable guys and have allot of great stock. Just had one negative problem in several purchases. Mistakes happen, but a customer shouldn't need to go through hoops to get a return authorization for a product that didn't fit. They returned it to Perrin for credit, but no one got back to me on what went wrong or who goofed.

I started buying from Tristan at 'King of Parts' after that issue, so it costs them some business.

Now I'm done my mods & tuned, so no need for aftermarket sellers. Just didn't want to deal with a company that gave me a hard time on a return. Selling wise they were great. Very helpfull. The sales guys were great to deal with as was Tristan.

Also, I like to buy were they install, like Fred Beans Subaru. They took good care of me on installs when I used King of Parts. Who are u using for installs?

I'd still use either for future purchases. Don't mean to insinuate that they aren't a good company. I've goofed many times accidently. They certainly didn't goof on purpose or try to beat me. Not hishonest at all.

Can't let one problem turn me negative. No one is perfect. Mistakes happen, and the customer isn't always right. I just know my installer at that time knows his stuff. He was very frustrated. Never wasn't able to install a mod for me before.

The manager was cooperative after I explained the problem, so it turned out o.k. I was still out the labor cost, which was a hour. No one made up for that. No one ever explained why they gave me a box that had the part number changed by hand.

May have been for a WRX or STI. I'll never know know. I repurchased the part at King of Parts. That site is down since Tristan left. Glad my shopping is over! Your welcome to see the car as its finished. Just driving it, and trying to not get ticketed!

The radar detector/deflectors help, but they use copters now making them useless in many instances.

Good luck on your mods.

I was gonna say.... I didn't know they brought Tristan back. Jeremy runs the King of Parts (5 Star Performance), plus he hooks you up with OEM stuff. Having both vendors local is great. And it sounds like you will need aftermarket vendors for a clutch and brakes, lol. :lol:

I do my own installs. My buddy from work has a lift, but schedules have been tough lately with all the Phillies games to watch.

GO PHILS!!!!!

Tristan isn't working at Fred Beans any longer. Sorry, didn't mean to infer that. They no longer seem to stock/sell the aftermarket parts like when Tristan was there. Since they closed the King of Parts site and he left, things have changed quite a bit. Tristan did a big volume and could price very well to keep competitive. The phones never stopped ringing, and he was hard to reach. No longer like that in their parts department. Things have slowed down from what I can tell. I've had 4 cars inspected at Beans Subaru recently, so I'm there quite a bit. Very pleased with there service department. Just a bit of a ride for me from Philly.

Hope the Phils do it tonight!

Not sure thety have in an AWD Dyno or do Protuning. Don't know if you use a Cobb Accessport. Never hear of them.

I'm assuming they don't have an AWD dyno as that's something that's usually advertised. That, and I've heard the name mentioned locally (I used to live about 1/4 mile away from them) but never heard any good or bad reviews. Can anybody reccomend a good, reliable tuner/installer in the Lansdale, Quakertown, Doylestown area?;)

Archived