LegacyGT.com

Philly Area Legacies?

TheHolyGhost

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Closest thing to you would be Agile Auto in Fallston, MD.

Thanks for the info! I am looking at $665 for tune since they stressed moly suggest going with the boost solenoid with my setup and tune!

Have any of you had a boost solenoid setup?

• I Donated Too
Intake is a waste for that basic stg 2 setup. Have Less problems running a stock one. Ebcs is recommended but not necessary. Hopefully your trans is in good shape and that banjo bolt is gone.

Intake is a waste for that basic stg 2 setup. Have Less problems running a stock one. Ebcs is recommended but not necessary. Hopefully your trans is in good shape and that banjo bolt is gone.

Agree with laff. If Agile is saying to get an EBCS then do it. Enjoy the tune and have fun!

When it was time for me to switch to a larger intake I moved to speed density at the same time so I didn't have to worry about a MAF anymore.

Hey guys,

Been struggling with some undiagnosed issues since having my local mechanic do a head gasket replacement last summer. Now i have some serious issues that I can't sort out and my guy just isn't up on subaru turbo systems and after market parts.

My Tune was from R/T Tuning but seems excessive to have them do the repair side of things, though I am due for a few additions and a retune.

Anyone know a repair shop in Philly that is very comfortable diagnosing issues with aftermarket subie systems?

07 LGT btw

I'm having my buddy in the North East take a look.

Right now the car drives fine on backroads at low speed. cannot achieve positive boost at all. After i got it to his place, we drove it, can hear a bit of a whine at "speed."

rattling going on when we pulled back into the lot. sounds coming from Turbo and down-cat but sounds like its coming from the turbo. I just started reading up on this whole cat in the uppipe failing stuff. That is a possibility.

He is going to take it apart in the next couple days and see whats up.

I upgraded my car when the stock turbo went at like 60k, id hate to have this turbo die too! BNR TD05 20g.

If it really is dead, i cant think of why except uppipe failure sending pieces upstream. I really dont want to throw down for a new turbo (looks like a TD06 20G would be appropriate now) and uppipe... and probably inlet :-D

Annnnnd the turbo has tons of shaft play. - So we assume the grinding rattling noise was the shaft touching the edges of the housing.

Not sure the cause other than philly potholes and it being a used turbo to begin with that ive had for 3 years now.

Now i have to decide if i want to buy a new BNR TD05-20G, drop it in and call it a day,

or buy a bigger turbo, (Td06-20g?) upgrade the uppipe, inlet, put in the EBCS that i have laying around and get a retune and dyno.

Oil type? Oil change intervals?

Are you asking someone specific or just for input in general?

I use Motul 8100 X-cess 5w-40 changed every 3,750 miles in my LGT

I use Rotella T6 5w-40 changed every 5,000 miles in my Forester

I use Mobil 1 5w-30 changed every 5,000 miles in my Civic

Sometimes I feel like Exxon with all the oil I keep stored at my house.

• I Donated Too
Are you asking someone specific or just for input in general?

I use Motul 8100 X-cess 5w-40 changed every 3,750 miles in my LGT

I use Rotella T6 5w-40 changed every 5,000 miles in my Forester

I use Mobil 1 5w-30 changed every 5,000 miles in my Civic

Sometimes I feel like Exxon with all the oil I keep stored at my house.

No. I was asking the guy who keeps blowing turbos a few posts up.

But thanks for sharing

Archived