LegacyGT.com

Philly Area Legacies?

TheHolyGhost

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got COBB parts all over the engine bay, so a higher stage tune wouldn't surprise me. I'm looking for the original owner to see if he has a parts list of what he put on it.

My dad's LGT has a K&N filter, a COBB tuned chip, lowered on Tein springs and stiffened with Koni shocks and Cusco front & rear tower bars, and this weekend a COBB 3" downpipe and up-pipe are going on, as well as a COBB turbocharger heat sheild and a full cat-back Borla exhaust system. It's also got drilled brake rotors, yellow calipers, and a roof-mounted wing that sits right on the top of the rear window. It's not crazy, but it'll sure surprise a lot of folks that pull up and want to see what it does. It's also his Daily Driver.

I would post a thread with the vin and some pics to see if the po is still around. You might want to be careful with that one! It might be tuned it might not. Ask for a compression test!!!! Does it have the Cobb AP or aftermarket ecu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would post a thread with the vin and some pics to see if the po is still around. You might want to be careful with that one! It might be tuned it might not. Ask for a compression test!!!! Does it have the Cobb AP or aftermarket ecu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rester, my dad and I have a Cobb AP, so I can use that.

Thanks for that, eldrego. Does anyone have any suggestions on good Subaru tuning places in South Jersey?

None in SJ that I know of. There's Precision Tuning in Lakewood. Look for STiMikey on NASIOC...he can do road tunes without a dyno.

Be careful of other so called "road tuners". Everybody thinks they can tune these days.

None in SJ that I know of. There's Precision Tuning in Lakewood. Look for STiMikey on NASIOC...he can do road tunes without a dyno.

Be careful of other so called "road tuners". Everybody thinks they can tune these days.

I believe Precision has moved to Spotswood, NJ. Procom in Tom's River (although, I've heard some pretty negative reviews about their tunes). EFI Logics (STI Mikey) and Brentuning in MA are tried and true.

Thanks for the help, fellas. One step at a time for me. First, it needs to be Saturday, not Wednesday. Second, I need the car in my driveway. Third, I need the COBB AP that I have hooked up to get a better idea of the condition of the internals. Fourth, I need to DRIVE IT!

As you can see, I'm excited. :icon_bigg

Is the AP married to your dads car? I'm not trying to be a downer... I just think you should be fully aware of any issues that can/ will pop up. I would talk to one of the resident Lgt.com tuners and get a list of parameters to look at when you go on the test drive, or your ride home. They are usually more then willing to help out a potential client. Good luck man, the looks sick!

Once the AP is married to a car it can nt be used in any other vehicles unless it is unmarried from your dads car and then married to your car. But because that AP will not have a map that supports the mods it can only be used for data logging. PLEASE call AJW Performance and ask them out the car! As awesome as the car is, you don't want to get screwed.

Recently bought a 2008 Legacy GT over here hope to see some of you guys driving around! I'm usually in the Conshohocken/KOP area.

Where do you guys usually take your cars to get worked on? RT Tuning? I'm really thinking about installing an uppipe and downpipe and go open source with a Tactrix cable. Car if fun stock but it deserves to be able to breath a little better!

Congrats and welcome. You can do UP and DP relatively easy if you are handy. There are some walkthroughs on here to help you out. Will only take a day and save you a lot of cash. However, you don't need to replace the UP with an 08 (its catless). The DP is only a couple hour job.

I would do panel filter, DP and e-tune. Maybe $700 and will make a huge difference.

Suspension mods are more fun ;)

Good luck and get ready to spend some more money.

Archived