LegacyGT.com

Philly Area Legacies?

TheHolyGhost

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the nice weather I'm sure all the tuning shops in the area are backed up. It's not unusual that everyone wants their car in tip-top shape for the summer drives and shows. So it makes sense that a lot of these guys are hard to get a hold of. I also know that Gear One has been at all the local Subaru shows (Boxerfest, they'll be going to Wicked Big Meet, etc.) so they have a lot of prep work to do and it puts a lot of pressure on their staff.

I would suggest just a polite phone call to the shops you're having trouble keeping in touch with to remind them to get back to you.

However, if you're looking for an alternative and don't mind a little extra drive, you can try Precision Tuning in Spotswood or Procom Racing in Toms River. Both shops have top-tier tuners and fabricators and do fantastic work for any of the cars that are in my local Subaru group that use them.

With all the nice weather I'm sure all the tuning shops in the area are backed up. It's not unusual that everyone wants their car in tip-top shape for the summer drives and shows. So it makes sense that a lot of these guys are hard to get a hold of. I also know that Gear One has been at all the local Subaru shows (Boxerfest, they'll be going to Wicked Big Meet, etc.) so they have a lot of prep work to do and it puts a lot of pressure on their staff.

I would suggest just a polite phone call to the shops you're having trouble keeping in touch with to remind them to get back to you.

However, if you're looking for an alternative and don't mind a little extra drive, you can try Precision Tuning in Spotswood or Procom Racing in Toms River. Both shops have top-tier tuners and fabricators and do fantastic work for any of the cars that are in my local Subaru group that use them.

Lol, I think you missed the part where everyone has tried multiple calls, multiple voicemails and multiple emails over the course of months with no response. Hence the reason why they're looking for alternatives.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just found out there has been some personal matters contributing to follow-up problems there so I just thought I would pass that along and also to copy their individual e-mails with service requests.

Way too late for that. What is everyone supposed to do with all those pitchforks they bought?

Way too late for that. What is everyone supposed to do with all those pitchforks they bought?

LOL! I feel crappy for complaining but it is what it is and frustration is understandable. For the record I only eyed my pitchfork and did not take it down. Although I should turn the compost. Maybe when it gets cooler.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been to the Mid Atlantic grand prix go kart track on rt. 13 in Delaware? If not, I highly recommend you check it out! The track isn't huge but you can get them up to around 40 mph. I'd love to race them on a track that's about 1/2 mile in total length or more.

Has anyone been to the Mid Atlantic grand prix go kart track on rt. 13 in Delaware? If not, I highly recommend you check it out! The track isn't huge but you can get them up to around 40 mph. I'd love to race them on a track that's about 1/2 mile in total length or more.

Went there the last 2 years for my birthday. Going again this Saturday. Only thing I hate is that even after driving as fast as I can the record is still 2 seconds faster than my best. Guess I'll find out how much faster the new karts are.

Gotta get new brakes on the LGT Saturday morning before we go.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I think they mentioned some of the black karts were new. My best was 22.5xx. Sometimes people get in the way which makes it more difficult to really hone in on perfecting the course.

I lied. My best was 22.654. I was 4th fastest time when we went, now I'm ranked 42nd

They said all the adult karts are new. I thought the new karts were supposed to be faster, I couldn't beat my best time from last year. Seems like I was sliding more.

My best lap this year was 22.430. Best from last year was 22.254. I still want to know how people are doing laps under 21 seconds.

You would think the tires would be sufficiently warm after a couple laps. I'm guessing the heat doesn't help, both with a slight loss of power and grip. IIRC it was 10-15 degrees warmer than when I went last year. Wish I had time to go more often but I usually have more important things to do on the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
Random question, but does anyone have wheels for sale (5X100) at the moment? Factory take offs will do, but let me know what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a decent set of 5 X 100 ( 02 - 03 ) WRX wheels right now. I'm in K.O.P. If your interested PM Me.

Archived