LegacyGT.com

Philly Area Legacies?

TheHolyGhost

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've asked the dealer where we found the car to perform a compression and leak down test on the car before we commit. It also has a CarFax certified report saying it's in good working order, so that should back things up.

I've been counting down the days this whole week until I drive this baby home!

I've asked the dealer where we found the car to perform a compression and leak down test on the car before we commit. It also has a CarFax certified report saying it's in good working order, so that should back things up.

I've been counting down the days this whole week until I drive this baby home!

Good move!!! You don't want to get in over your head from the start.

Rester - hasn't your shit been in the shop for over a year? WTF are they doing to it?

Yes it has :redface:. Well I'm not sure where to start... essentially a big power/ turbo build. We had the baby and I had a minor legal issue, so money had to be diverted to other priorities. I'm just glad the guys at FAST aren't charging me a storage fee. As it stands now the sleeved sb and heads are all finished at the machine shop, we decided to do a trans swap and I need to order the plumbing kit. Oh yeah and get the wheels pced and figure ot a surge tank setup and....

Yes it has :redface:. Well I'm not sure where to start... essentially a big power/ turbo build. We had the baby and I had a minor legal issue, so money had to be diverted to other priorities. I'm just glad the guys at FAST aren't charging me a storage fee. As it stands now the sleeved sb and heads are all finished at the machine shop, we decided to do a trans swap and I need to order the plumbing kit. Oh yeah and get the wheels pced and figure ot a surge tank setup and....

It will be epic! :wub:

Hey guys. The results are in on the compression test and leakdown test. Please give me your thoughts on them:

Compression Test:

Passenger Front: 135 PSI

Passenger Rear: 132 PSI

Driver Front: 134 PSI

Driver Rear: 130 PSI

Leakdown Test:

Passenger Front: 139 PSI

Passenger Rear: 135 PSI

Driver Front: 136 PSI

Driver Rear: 133 PSI

In my rather limited technical opinion, those numbers look low but okay to me. Anybody else want to give me some advice?

Hey guys. The results are in on the compression test and leakdown test. Please give me your thoughts on them:

Compression Test:

Passenger Front: 135 PSI

Passenger Rear: 132 PSI

Driver Front: 134 PSI

Driver Rear: 130 PSI

Leakdown Test:

Passenger Front: 139 PSI

Passenger Rear: 135 PSI

Driver Front: 136 PSI

Driver Rear: 133 PSI

In my rather limited technical opinion, those numbers look low but okay to me. Anybody else want to give me some advice?

Those numbers look good. I would get it to a tuner and make sure the tune is safe. Then... give her hell!!!

I would get it to a tuner and make sure the tune is safe. Then... give her hell!!!

That's pretty much what I thought, too. But for now, I'm picking up the car tomorrow. We'll be heading over in my dad's '05 LGT that just had its new lungs put in (Borla exhaust, COBB UP/DP). The car breathes and sounds beautiful. It's a monster hiding under that unassuming OBP paint of his. The Stage 2 map really woke it up.

Where can I pick up an O2 bung if I go catless DP? Also, would anyone be interested in a CNT catted DP for a 6MT?

I saw there's a Subaru meet in Philly on Sunday. The river at Linden St I think around noon?

Edit: here's a link

https://www.facebook.com/events/751323848236626/

I may go, depending how hungover I am from a wedding the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived