LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy STI rumored to have 450 hp

albeik

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That photo has been my laptop deskstop wallpaper for a few months now. I would rock a 450 hp Legacy STI! But I don't think it likely this will actually be sold in NA. In the mean time I'm going stage 2 for my own little bit of Legacy STI.

I'm just gonna go punch myself in the face for even thinking its possible for us to get it. This way I'll feel the pain and disappointment now instead of later. :D

I agree wife's been meaning to kick me in the nuts anyway:eek:. I guess I give my car more attention than I do her. So when does the rumor say it will be coming to the US? I just would like to know when i need to get my divorce lawyer LOL.

I think that would be my perfect car.

Legacy STi Wagon with 450hp Turbo Boxer, Recaro's, Brembo's, 19" BBS, full bodykit, and the VW DSG! In Aspen White!! :cool:

/dream

I'm with ya, bud. :) Also white (though probably SWP)! Though I'd go for the 6MT and 18"s. :cool:

Is it a sedan? Or a hatch/wagon type? I can't tell by the picture. I'm praying for a sedan... would be the next move to trading in my 05' WRX STi (I'm dreaming of course since the likelihood of this happening is super small).

That is a pic of a tuned-by-sti wagon, not some mockup of what should be dubbed "the Loch-Ness-Legacy".

I'll believe it when I see a 550hp STI from the factory, I don't see them making the legacy of all cars hotter then their 'halo' or image car. That market is too crowded as it is.

There's a saying about wishing in one hand and crapping in the other and seeing which comes true faster...

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

It's all good and I hope you/we all get the models we'd like. Considering the ever increasing cost of fuel, which has been much more costly (double in some places) in Europe ever since I can remember, I too would like to see the availability of diesel, turbo diesel (a fuel which costs less than gasoline in Europe, but more than here in USA), and smaller engines with increased mpg......

While I'd love to see a 3.7L turbo Legacy, I question the wisdom of releasing such a car with the current gas situation. The rumour of that powerplant may simply be a ploy to get people's attention.

I remember Subaru was working on an H6 twin turbo setup in Australia a good 4 years ago. If they did that with the 3.7 or add two cylinders to an EJ25, that could be possible, but Subaru better figure out how to get more fuel economy. Amazing that they haven't used DI yet. Once Subaru gets electric and diesel vehicles for sale, there would probably be room for a Legacy STi. If they don't make one, all of the Impreza STi owners will go elsewhere, likely BMW.

I remember Subaru was working on an H6 twin turbo setup in Australia a good 4 years ago. If they did that with the 3.7 or add two cylinders to an EJ25, that could be possible, but Subaru better figure out how to get more fuel economy. Amazing that they haven't used DI yet. Once Subaru gets electric and diesel vehicles for sale, there would probably be room for a Legacy STi. If they don't make one, all of the Impreza STi owners will go elsewhere, likely BMW.

there are more important things to worry about than poor people that can't afford basic life qualities like gasoline.

450hp is not meant for poor people. porsche somehow always builds a car no matter the gas prices. their current 500bhp tt is rated at what?24 mpg?you want subaru to build a 3600 lb 450hp with 26mpg for 35k?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

not EVER gonna happen.

to get THAT hp they will end up competing against cars they can't. and WILL lose sales. as if what little they have now is enough.

you guys really need to quite kidding yourselves. the sti is cracking 35k -40k with options now. i think bmw is laughing their asses off at subaru's attempt. the g35 is no slouch either. what's the g35x stock times? a stage 2 5eat's times? take the awd and auto out and it's about on par with an sti.

hahaha...for what? the same price?

I kind of agree with Richard, but not entirely.

Subaru needs to do something bold. Hyundai is doing something bold in the near-lux market, Subaru needs to do something bold in the sport market. Mazda seems like they are happy to be building SUVs, and mainstreaming the 6. Honda and Toyota have no intention of niche marketing cars, when they *are* the mainstream.

But a twin turbo H6 Legacy is a bit far fetched, unless Subaru commits to the Legacy on a whole new level. They can't just perch a twin-turbo H6 at the top of the lineup and then continue to ignore it otherwise. Subaru of Japan does not ignore the Legacy the way that SOA does, and there is a "domestic pride" aspect for Subaru in Japan.

And such a vehicle would probably be $45K, or quite possibly more. Whether Subaru has a good enough chassis in place, NVH levels, amenities, or even brand equity to market such a car successfully.

But I do like it when people or companies push the envelope successfully, so I would not automatically discount such a car, or underestimate it's capabilities. I merely have severe reservations about SOA's track record of support, and their capability of supporting a car of the capabilities suggested.

However, as I said, Subaru does need to do SOMETHING. They need to pull off another WRX, or WRX STI... When those first came out in the early 2000s, they put Subaru on the map in a whole new way.

There has to be a middle ground, and the Legacy, as well as the new coupe, are excellent product candidates, to be a bold new offering, but not as potentially unsustainable as a twin-turbo H6 Legacy for $45k right out of the box.

A club-racer coupe for 20k, or reasonably well equipped and turbocharged for ~25k-28k (WRX/Legacy GT equivalent) and a really well equipped coupe and Legacy Spec B with Brembos, and other improvements over current for 32-35k.

Even if they just DI the EJ25, or it's rumored replacement engine, and get north of 300hp and torque, and upgrade their H6s for similar power without turbocharging or premium fuel

Archived