LegacyGT.com

Bosal Cat-Back coming soon!

SUBE555

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, is the downpipe the shorty version that keeps the third cat in place? If so, and you are able to beat Rally Performance and Cobb to the market (which shouldn't be too hard), then I'll buy one.

To all & Jim 1969 (jim1969 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.) :lol: The down pipe will be full length and will look into getting one catted.

As there are some Subaru dealers on this board, I know I can't sell Subaru direct the up & down pipe but we sure as hell can sell them to the dealers. What would the car industry be without Mike's :)

If this Rally Performance one isn't done in a decent amount of time, I'd love a Bosal catted unit. I'm sure they could use a good metal substrate sports cat. :) If it is like any of their other products I've seen I have zero doubts about it's quality and performance is right up there with others. Sure by any means wouldn't mind having all Bosal stuff under my car. :) So far plans are for everything short of the header and downpipe. Header won't be changed, Bosal Up-Pipe already and plans for Cat-Back, so that only leaves one part non-Bosal then. :p

Yes that's the one. I have to thank perrin for all their help on this project, also there are some GFB underdrive pulley's on there and also Goodridge braided steel brake lines. Also SSBC big brake kit on the front and stock slotted rotors on the rear. Still waiting for the GFB BOV which they said they were working on. If anyone is in the Atlanta area stop buy the international auto show and let me know what you think. Most likely they will have the hood down tell them Mike from Bosal said to open it and show it off.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Two things. 1. I don't get the brush/polish tips. 2. It looks like a blind man welded them on. WTF? I hope thats not a finished product.

The dude that made them has already posted up that he made the exhaust in 2 days and that it is a prototype...

-Nate

second resonator inbetween the y split and the passenger can?

Porter over at NASIOC said that it would create one tip w/ a little different tone and should make for an interesting sounding exhaust :)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry I didn't get back to you guys but I have been very busy and am on vacation. I did some test fitting at Subaru & everything went well. We are just trying to tone it down a little and that small res in the pipe is going. Most of the people at SOA like the sound but one or two thinks it's a little to boomy at around 2500 RPM. This system will only fit on the sedan, will fit on the sw but the tips come up about 2" short of where the original tips end up. If there is a real big demand for the sw we will build it, if not we won't. We are working as quickly as we can but testing takes time. The other system is also on a awhit Legacy, so if your in the Cherry Hill area of N.J. & hear a nice throaty sounding LGT that is the system.

Wagon love. :( Maybe Prodrive will have to bring a Wagon model first. I think they would sell plenty of Wagon cat-back models, at least enough to necessitate to make the tips, makea new product number and carry stock of. Actually it would be a few product numbers, tip, then weldment (at least that's how it is where I work.)

:( I was really looking forward to the Bosal system on my Wagon. Guess I'll have to start looking elsewhere soon.

Archived