LegacyGT.com

Bosal Cat-Back coming soon!

SUBE555

Go figure it was done in Subaru's parking lot in N.J.:) I only drove in it for a few miles but it was nice and quiet on the inside. I have some of the engineers driving the car around for a week or so for sound and their opinions. If approved it should be ready for sale around late SEPT. :eek:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fzanetti not yet, the only thing we have to do is extend the tips about 2", and it will work on the wagon. I just want to get the sedan out of the way and then I'll work on the wagon.

so whats the final pricing and when/where can we orer?

If it's going to be sold at the dealerships all over the nation, what about installation, are they going to be required to be installed by the dealer? How much in labor would we be looking at???

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

so SOA will honor SPT items as factory item or as "aftermarket" item?....if there was a defect on the catback that somehow caused problem with the entire exhaust...would SOA/SPT dealer cover it???.

I'm guessing SPT dealer would have to install it (charge like $150 for catback install) to have it covered under warranty...

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I went to the Petter Solberg meet and greet last night at Miller Subaru. I saw a few of the Corporate parts guys there. I asked them when are they going to come out with an exhaust setup for the Legacies. One guy mentioned that there used to be an exhaust setup for the older LGT but nothing for the newest model. Another guy said that 'he could see where SPT should put something out due to the popularity of the car'. He wouldn't commit any more info. So mryat, if this is coming out soon, SOA is mum about it. Do you know if this is going to be sold as a catback or loose mufflers?

Come on, SPT! We all seen the video with the modded red LGT sedan with manufacturer license plates!

Johnny

WTF, it just goes to show you we have skunk works at Subaru. I don't know who was there from SOA but it wasn't anyone I worked with on this project. I even have the secret part#. But the truth is this will be coming out and I have to wait for SPT's final approval. It is going to be a complete cat-back system. Just be patient.

I'm also pissed I didn't get a chance to go down there to meet Petter. I was down at SOA two days earlier do the last test fit & the sound clips. The red car just has the exhaust on it and is a 2006.

mryat, it might be that they have to be non-commital until they get the final ok. Or maybe the guy was from the sales side of parts and not engineering. Don't worry about it. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm glad to hear that it will be a catback. (I am patient.) I just wanted them to know they need to bring stuff like this out to market because there are people who are interested. That and they're not as sneaky as they thought. We know what they're up to. :lol:

Sorry you didn't make it down to see Petter. It was a pretty cool event (I'm trying to not rub salt into the wound). Hopefully SOA sees that they got a helluva turnout for something that was short notice and not widely publicized for a sport that gets no exposure in the US and third tier billing (11pm on a Sunday night-WTF!) on the only cable motorsports channel. I thought that despite all that, it was cool to see that many people were into the WRC as I am.

BTW, if you need a test horse for your wagon setup, let me know. ;)

so SOA will honor SPT items as factory item or as "aftermarket" item?....if there was a defect on the catback that somehow caused problem with the entire exhaust...would SOA/SPT dealer cover it???.

I'm guessing SPT dealer would have to install it (charge like $150 for catback install) to have it covered under warranty...

Different SPT parts carry different warranties, that warranty information can be found at the bottom of this website: http://www.spt.subaru.com/microsites/spt/parts.sptmain

The standard SPT parts are covered by the standard Subaru Accessories and parts warranty which is 12 months/12,000 miles unless they are installed before you take delivery of the car, in that case they are covered for 3 years/36,000 miles. Either way warranty claims would be handled by your local Subaru dealer.

On the SPT Exhaust for the Legacy, my local parts rep told me the original design presented to SOA a few months ago was not approved for some, unkown to him, reason and that is why there has been a delay getting the system out. Hopefully this new design gets approved and can be ordered from the dealers shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

On the SPT Exhaust for the Legacy, my local parts rep told me the original design presented to SOA a few months ago was not approved for some, unkown to him, reason and that is why there has been a delay getting the system out. Hopefully this new design gets approved and can be ordered from the dealers shortly.

Looks like your parts rep may have been right, at least on the delay.

Myrat- Any updates or news on the cat-back?

You think it's easy dealing with SOA, We did sound tests both were in legal specs. There also was some clearance isues that SOA wanted to improve on. I should have the final system in about a week. This also has to be test fitted and has to be approved. Once this is done we go into production. Sorry for the delays but I can't help it. Production should start in Sept. and delivery should be Oct-Nov. Sorry guys I'm doing the best I can.

Archived